Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you shoot 3d do you shoot with other people at the same target. i do but for fun. i shot 2nd and the last guy robinhodded my arrow do you make tyhem pay for one or what i dont know what to do. he said he was sorry i accepted his appolgy. what would you do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
robin hood

If it was in the 11 ring; congradulate him on a good shot
anywhere else; tell him you know exactly what he shot the target for
at any rate IT HAPPENS

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Suck it up is all you can do. When the arrows are in the target they're fair game. Maybe next time you can tag his arrow and you'll be even.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Sure you can make him pay, then you can pay triple when you do it to someone else. Sorry 'bout your luck, but is't the nature of the game!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Bubba....
that's just the cost of playing the game. :) In fact, around here, you would have owed him a soda for busting your nock. No way should you ask him to pay for it....that's just not right. :rolleyes: :mad: Just shoot his arrow on the next target! :D That's why you take turns going first.

--Mike

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey bubba. When you shoot 3-D you should always shoot with someone else. Usually the courses are set up on a walk-thru style, shooting in a group helps to speed things up and leaves no question as to your score. On the subject of your arrow, you will find this happens once or twice a shoot. If your arrow was in the 10 or 12 ring he should be congradulated on a good shot, just as he would and should do the same if the roles were reversed. I am much more thankful for the friends I have made while shooting than I am regretful for the arrows I have lost. Good luck and God bless. :)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Robinhoods

I agree with everyone else who has posted. It is the nature of the game. You can also look at it this way: You can always say if it is in the 10/12 ring a an arrow gets robinhooded its worth 30 points. Of course you dont count it for the actual score recorded but when it comes down to the end of the shoot and who has to buy the soda it can help you out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I agree "it's part of the game". I'll be honest if someone lays one in the 12 I'm aiming for that arrow.I doubt I'll hit it,but it's a spot to aim at. In turn if I lay one in there I except the fact that some one is going to be shooting for my arrow.

Gary

·
Registered
300 Posts
The saying goes....

If you don't want to get your arrow spanked, keep it out of the 12 ring!!:)

-Chief

·
Registered
84 Posts
If someone busts one of my arrows my shooting buddy pays them a dollar, I do the same if they bust his. Down here everyone knows we got a bounty on each other's arrows :D

We had a group one day of pretty good shooters, everyone but one guy had black nocks and vanes, he was shooting orange. We busted about 3 of his, he quit shooting for 12s and was trying to bust our arrows LOL :D

Will

·
Registered
883 Posts
How would you score this one. I had a guy shoot the 12 with me following him in order on this target. I aimed for his arrow, told him I was going to bust it. I hit the thing, busted his nock, but it knocked me out of the 12 into the 10 ring. We scored it as a 10 but should we have scored it as a 12? Are there any rules as to how this is handled, officially?

·
Registered
66 Posts
guys heres a question. this year at a 2 day shoot i was grouped with the guys thet were top 4. (i was in 2nd going into the second day). the guy who was in the lead is a very arrogant cocky guy who takes things WAY to seriously. he cant stand being beat. on one of the shots he went first and had a good solid 10x. the other 2 guys went and got 10's and i shot last. i robinhooded the first guys shot and because my arrow split his and didnt quite make contact with the foam. he knew i was in the lead and then kicked up a big stink because my arrow never touched foam that it should be counted as a zero.:mad: it was a huge big deal to the point of him stomping his feet and flailing arms around!!:eek: i thought what a baby..... he knew i was winning and cried to get the zero for me. is tht right????

i just gave up and said fine whatever. he ended up winning by 2 points..:mad: deep down i think he realizes that he got beat and hes not all he's cracked up to be all the time. heaven forbid his image be tarnished..... oh well i won and i know that and thats all that matters:cool:

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,687 Posts
Per IBO rules:

5. To score, arrows must be stuck in the target. Witnessed pass through or bounce outs are to be scored as agreed on by the majority of the group, or re-shot before shooters advance to the target. A pass through is defined as an arrow passing completely, through a target, with material 360 degrees around the arrow, leaving both an entrance and exit hole.

5A. An arrow that is embedded into the nock end of an arrow that is embedded in the target will be scored the same as the embedded arrow.

5B. Any arrow released accidentally or deliberately will be, if not in scoring area of target, scored as an O. Any arrow, which is dropped and can be recovered while touching the stake may be re-nocked and re-shot.

Per rule 5A I'd say you won that day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Getting an occaisional arrow busted is an unfortunate but quite often fun part of the game. I always say that's why they sell them by the dozen.:D ....................................................DF1

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
bubba, it's just the nature of the beast.. lot's of folks even
aim off of another arrow if it's in the 12 ring..no money should
exchange hands if you hit his arrow..some folks have started
going to dark colored vanes/feathers to make it harder for
the shooter to see their arrow..good shooting..

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
Bubba, i have been on both ends of this stick; you just got to suck it up and hope you can return the favor in the future..lol

i have gone so far as to loan my buddy a arrow and then he tubes me...lol::::it is all in good fun for me...

mike day

1 - 16 of 16 Posts