Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if most 3d courses allow single pin rear adjust sights in the bowhunter division? or what the max. amount of pins is?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I belive the BHFS or BHFSL class in marked yardage, states you can only have a max of 5 pins and they can not be adjusted while in a shoot.
If your pin or pins are moved then you go to Freestyle.

Hopes this helps.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
It really depends on the clubs themselves. Around here we let people use the rear movables since that is what most people hunt with. Some clubs do not. As far as the number of pins, it really depends whether the clubs base their rules off of ASA or IBO. We use the ASA as a base for our rules and there is no limit to pins. I think IBO limits you to 4 or 5. Not real familiar with IBO though.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
does anybody know if most 3d courses allow single pin rear adjust sights in the bowhunter division? or what the max. amount of pins is?
The ASA Tour has never allowed the hunter class to use moveable single pin sights. Doesn't make sense, but they don't.

And, as Spoon said, there is no limit to the number of pins in the ASA. You can shoot 50 if you want in hunter class.

IBO I am not real familiar with either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts