Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have never shoot one, but I hear alot of hype about B stinger.. I would think that it would work just fine..

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Another vote for the B-Stinger!:)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3D stabilizer

Have a B-stinger with 8 ounce and 11 ounce weight. Used it on my Gardian, but didn't care for it. Went to a 9oz. doinker, think I will try it on the 500 before I trade it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I love the GT-500. It does not need a lot of forward weight hanging out there like a PSE X-Force. Anything over 8 oz will tip the bow pretty fast after the shot. I found 2 stablizers that work...the Doinker carbon rod w/6 oz. weight, and the Smooth Stability w/1 weight ring.

The GT-500 only needs 6-8 oz hanging at 12" or less to counter the little bit of left torque after the shot.

I tried a Bomar 16 oz and B-Stinger 14...WAY too much weight for the bow. It is pretty well balanced from the get go...and really does not have any vibration that requires much rubber goods hanging out there.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Give Mark a buzz at Xtreme Stabilization and talk to him about what y ouare looking for. He will make and match (color, length, weight) almost anything you want.

·
Registered
991 Posts
This is what I shot last summer, until I finally broke down and bought the Smooth Stablilty. Either one is a winner on the GT500 bow.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Smooth Stability.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Give Mark a buzz at Xtreme Stabilization and talk to him about what y ouare looking for. He will make and match (color, length, weight) almost anything you want.
I agree

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I don't know about for that particular bow....but I really love my AEP stabs.

I shoot them for both 3D and hunting. Nunzio makes awesome stuff!

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
ttt

Stokerized solid aiming solutions makes a stabilizer for elite or you can go with ours......:darkbeer:

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
After shooting many different stabs im sold on the Paradigm sos

its 3 stabs in one, has a built in disconnect and offset and it comes with 8 internal 3/4oz half moon shaped weights. that will go anywhere ou want on it. if you want more end weight you can buy a 8.5oz weight for it called the dead weight. if you want to also use it for other things you can add extra tubes to make it as long as you want really.

there $120 but right now he is having a sale on them. i think 15% off

pics

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Another vote for Xtreme. You need to check it out.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
ttt

Another vote for Xtreme can't go wrong:eek:

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Take a good look at the Smooth Stability line also. www.smoothstability.com

Like a stinger in the way that it looks but the comparison really stops there. They opened up the end of the stab and moved the weight to the edges. Provides excellent stabilization with less weight.

Many sizes and weights to choose from.

·
Unregistered User
1,738 Posts
Carbon rods are most effective because they're super light and allow you to put all the weight on the end. My favorite is the Doinker.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Another Smooth Stability vote here!! 12" and 8" are my favorite!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts