Votes: 22 37.3%
  • ASAT 3D Suit

Votes: 37 62.7%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer? Natural gear seems to be running a little cheaper. I want something light that breathes well for early season.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jdub,

To be honest - I've never tried the Natural Gear suit.

I got an ASAT 3D a couple of years ago am really pleased with it. The 3D material is sewn onto a fairly coarse mesh fabric - can't breathe much better than that. I use mine from Aug. thru Feb. - just layer other clothes underneath.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
You might want to consider the new MAX-1 leafy suit at bass pro... it's 3D and is made of mesh and would probably fit in real well in FL. Oh yea... the suit is CHEAP. Pants and a coat for like $80.

-ZA

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
ZA206: What is your thoughts on the Max-1 3d suit? The Max-1 pattern has brush that doesn't really fit my area (NE Texas and SW Arkansas), but the lights and darks seem to make it an "open" pattern which seems to be what everyone is going to.

What is anybody's thoughts on the Max-1 pattern for areas that don't really have the type of brush shown in the pattern?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The realtree guys are actually starting to use this pattern even when they are hunting out of their tree stands. The lighter colors help breakup your silohouette better than all the real dark patterns.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey montana dave. are youready for saturday. my vote is also for asat (all season all terrain), it really does work. not to sure of the price difference but i know the asat 3d lasts mine is on its 3rd season. i hunt antelope in august and hunt right thru duck season wearing it over my chest waders.that is another thread because i also have two black labs why the chest waders?

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
ASAT 3D Leafy suit for me...it has a better blend of lights and darks, wear whatever I want underneath, works in the trees or the ground. The only time I won't wear it is when I'm in my DB Matrix...then it's ninja-wear:ninja:

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
I just got the silent stalker suit in Max-1 from Bass Pro... it's not leafy, but very lightweight for hotter climates. I personally think the Max-1 would blend in very well in almost every situation and in every area. I bought it for my elk hunt next week (looks perfect in the aspen groves) and for turkey hunting next year here in the Carolinas.

It's a much better all around pattern than MONBU or Hardwoods IMO. I also think it's better than MO-Brush b/c brush doesn't have enough definition for me..... literally, you'd have to be sitting in grass or weeds to make that stuff work.

Anyways.... those are my thoughts.

Oh yea... I get a headache looking at ASAT.:eek: :wink:

-ZA

MAG00 said:
ZA206: What is your thoughts on the Max-1 3d suit? The Max-1 pattern has brush that doesn't really fit my area (NE Texas and SW Arkansas), but the lights and darks seem to make it an "open" pattern which seems to be what everyone is going to.

What is anybody's thoughts on the Max-1 pattern for areas that don't really have the type of brush shown in the pattern?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seems to be a toss up so far, I'm going to run over to Bass Pro tonight and check out the Natural Gear and Max-1 Suits in person. I like to be able to put my hands on stuff before buying.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I ended up with the Natural Gear. Found the 3-D suit for $70 bucks on sale, kind of hard to say no at that price. The Max-1 stuff at BPS looked great too, but they about sold out of everything.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I was in a bass pro the other day and there was a guy pushing mothwing camo and I told him I was a ASAT guy and he was like oh ok like I was being a smart arse I am not to sure he even knew what it was. The mothwing looked to me like some more of that fade to black camo when you put a little distance on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts