Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some inventive ideas for fixing a 3d target that got the leg broken near where it joins the body. Looking for non arrow damging material!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Gorilla Glue the leg on, lots of glue cuz it soaks in to the foam. Then use some gutter screws to hold tight. Put them in at an angle. take the screws out after the glue has set for 48 hrs. I did this to a big carabou target and the leg was better than new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have your fix

When coming to broken legs and such i use PL400 or Liquid nails. If the conduit is bent or ruined i have solutions for that also just email me back and i can give you detailed instructions. I am a 3-D Target Repair Tech and own my own business called 3-D Country Inc. and i sell the Target Master kits that are designed to promise to outlast your original target 2-1.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I use bondo when I alter a manikin in my taxidermy business to bond the foam back together. The foam soaks up the bondo and forms one heck of a bond. All I know is, you may break the manikin but you won't break it at the bondo joint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When coming to broken legs and such i use PL400 or Liquid nails. If the conduit is bent or ruined i have solutions for that also just email me back and i can give you detailed instructions. I am a 3-D Target Repair Tech and own my own business called 3-D Country Inc. and i sell the Target Master kits that are designed to promise to outlast your original target 2-1.
George knows his stuff. I got one of his kits for for a deer target. Great product.

·
"country"
7,988 Posts
went to a 3D shoot this year and they had reinhart targets, well the big ten deer had a broken leg so they dug a hole and put the legs down in the ground. This was a down hill shot so it made the target look much further than it was so i tryed this at my club and it works it will fool you on yardage

·
Registered
287 Posts
3D repair

have a deer taget, through enduring weather and trying differant sights, my deer has split in half right above the vital insert, thought once about chucking front half and drawing target on rear 2/3 use pvc for prop, toher alternitive is to chuck out and get new one but funds r tight, any ideas on bonding two halfs back together?

·
Registered
346 Posts
i broke the leg off one of my 3d deer targets we used some green tomato stakes through the leg and into the thigh and used liquid nails to hold it all together not sure if the tomato stakes would damage and arrow there kinda like plastic bamboo not sure what their made of but the area i repaired was in the leg where i wouldnt be shooting at any way. did it probably two years ago and its still holding together tight and no problems. hope this helps ya, good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts