Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas or has done anything or even seen anything to help set 3d targets out with. When the guys at the club set up the targets the day before it can take a couple hours and a lot of man power to move the targets around. Anyone have a special trailer made to pull the targets around when setting up? Thanks

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I got a trailer I made that I set targets out of. I'll go over to the club and get some photos of it. I can tell u the bed is 4'x12', I use to pull it with a Honda ranger 4-wheeler and it will whole 30 targets with everything you need to see a range.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
At the club I'm a member at, we just use simple 5x8 flatbed utility trailers pulled by ATVs. The club doesn't own them but a few of us pull our ATVs in and use them. Depending on which targets get loaded, we can get about a dozen targets on one trailer.

At another club I shoot at, they made up some simple T shaped trailers for hauling and setting up the big targets (moose, caribou, elk). The T trailers have rebar for holding the target up and they just pull them out and park them where they want, which beats having to man handle those big ones.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
old compact truck 4 x 4, replaced bed with homemade stake body

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
OK finally got to go and get the trail and do some modifications to it. Add the pegs on the sides to hold the small targets shortened the tung 3' for the side by side. I have everything u need to set 20 targets with. The only thing I need on the SBS is the numbers for each target.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Few more of the tung. I'm not done with it yet but it is working. By the way the trailer frame was a old pop up camper at one time. I have round $135 in it besides my time. Just about everything was scrap.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts