Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a few different 3D targets? I've been looking at the turkey,pig raccoon, bunny and coyote. Trying to get a few different targets so I can start shooting new targets to switch things up.

1. Does anyone have any of the smaller targets?

2. If you do, how do they work up against high draw weights?

3. What one do you have?

4. Please PM me a link or put it on here for others to see

PS. Merry Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
We have a few of the smaller target at the club I belong to. Javelina, coyote, multiple turkeys, fox. They are Rhineharts and they hold up just fine. The arrows stop a few inches in and are easy to remove. The funniest target is this tiny standing bear. The guy that orders our targets thought he was getting a great deal on a large standing bear and when it came in its about 2 feet tall.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a few of the smaller target at the club I belong to. Javelina, coyote, multiple turkeys, fox. They are Rhineharts and they hold up just fine. The arrows stop a few inches in and are easy to remove. The funniest target is this tiny standing bear. The guy that orders our targets thought he was getting a great deal on a large standing bear and when it came in its about 2 feet tall.
Hahahahaha 2'... it's a baby!

You got any idea exactly what the turkey is? Or just a rhinehart turkey is all you know?

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
Here is a good one for you. Put this out at about 40-50!!! Ha

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
We have mostly rineharts at our club. Most of the bigger ones have taken a beating and holding up. Smaller ones holding up decent. Turkey is a nice Target. I have a woodland buck and its a great target. Just wish it was a little taller. The booner buck is big but double the price.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Our club has a lot of the smaller targets. The poison dart frogs, cobras, small standing bears, and mosquito seem to be holding up well so far, and they've been shot with a lot of arrows from 70# bows (mine included.). The smallest ones with no replaceable insert are the toughest, since they seem to be 100% whatever material they use for the parts that aren't supposed to be shot on the larger animals.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a good one for you. Put this out at about 40-50!!! Ha

I'd be very impressed with myself to hit that hahaha

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have mostly rineharts at our club. Most of the bigger ones have taken a beating and holding up. Smaller ones holding up decent. Turkey is a nice Target. I have a woodland buck and its a great target. Just wish it was a little taller. The booner buck is big but double the price.

Any idea what model the turkeys are?

Yeah I can't afford a 250$+ target as much as I want too I just can't

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Any idea what model the turkeys are?

Yeah I can't afford a 250$+ target as much as I want too I just can't

I don't know off hand. I got a blemished woodland buck for around 100.00

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know off hand. I got a blemished woodland buck for around 100.00

Where at? Amazon?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Midway USA had them. I will look around and see what I can find.

Thank you very much, looking for turkey/deer/rabbit more than any others

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What's a price on a turkey target? I've seen a few for 100iah but people say they don't work well... then there is a 500$ one that's just.... to much

·
Vendor
25,108 Posts
The smaller targets are generally shot at closer distances. Shots are concentrated in a smaller area. The combination makes them wear out quicker. When hit in the kill zone they do stop arrows well. They just don't last as long. The repair kits from 3d country work great at the repairs if you do decide toget some smaller targets. Hope this helps. :secret:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Another one to look at is Yo Buddy targets. I have the turkey and and it's held up great. Look on Amazon they are fairly affordable, the only thing is they are not full targets just the vitals.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll check out what you guys are saying. I like to do research on stuff before I buy it (I'm frugle) hahaha

·
Registered
157 Posts
Our turkeys are all Rhinehart. We have I think two full strutters and two alert. I'm not sure what we paid for them. We are able to get a club price on them and usually order about 4 new targets every 3 years.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Our turkeys are all Rhinehart. We have I think two full strutters and two alert. I'm not sure what we paid for them. We are able to get a club price on them and usually order about 4 new targets every 3 years.
If they last that long at a club I'll have them forever.. it's only me shooting then

1 - 20 of 30 Posts