·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a back yard 3D deer target. Which one do you I get. Thanks

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Go over to Collins Outdoors and pick you up an R & W. Good Price and will last a long time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which deer and why, VR Series Deer, MS Series Deer, Big Buck.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Rhinehart all the way.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Rinehart is the only one you'll get your moneys worth out of. We've had two thousand+ shots on some of our clubs targets and they look like they've been shot 20 times. Best 3D/ broadhead targets on the market.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this target a good one, the Rinehart BOWHUNTER BUCK.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I agree with the Rinehart targets. I have a couple of their 3d targets and they hold up great to broadheads and field points. the Glen del doesnt last near as long as a Rinehart. I have some Mckenzie XT series targets to and they dont last near as long as the Rinehart. The new insert for the Mckenzie XT targets is good, but the normal foam on them wears out really quick.

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
I have two Delta targets. Cant justify spending the money on Rhinehart or McKenzie when my oldest Delta has withstood 7 years in the Arizona sun and thousands of shots. Just recently bought his big brother. They certainly do the job.

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
Rinehart or McKenzie
spend the big bucks and do it once
Glendels will shoot out in less then a summer ...I know.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Is this target a good one, the Rinehart BOWHUNTER BUCK.

Yep, I have one at the house and it's great. They are the best out there. Go ahead and spend the $200, then in a few years when you need a new insert you're only out $50. They are the most affordable 3D target in the long run, and they are all our club buys as well.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have used the delta back yard target for years.. if you have a farm supply store near you they are like 70.00..if its just for your use they will last a couple years and the replacement kill zone is like 20.00...i will say use arrow lube because the arrows do pull hard from the back yard buck or maybe its i am just getting old lol..JMO

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Rhinehart

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I would go with the VR. Yes if you are a club/range, the Rinehart is the best. But for the backyard, the R & W is the best bet. They last a long time, hold up well and don't cost anywhere near the Rinehart. The price of the R & W, you could buy 1 Target and 1 Replacement for a lot less than 1 Rinehart and that would out last the Rinehart, and you would spend less.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I would go with a Rhinehart, I have the R&W deer, and it has not lastest as long as I wish it would have:mad: the arrow removal was difficult, and after 2 years the target is pretty much not worth getting a replacement piece for because the rest of the target is falling apart, I'm guessing from the weather, and granted evey shot was not in the replacement section, but for a target that I picked over a rhinehart I think it should have held up better:angry:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Target

What he said. You will not find a more durable 3-D target than a Rinehart. For the money you can't beat it. :thumb:
I have all three types of targets: Rhinehart, McKenzie and R & W Targets.
To be quite honest the R & W has outlasted the others two to one. Plus, it looks twice as good. More Buck for your money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts