2013 RIVER CITY CLASSIC - VICKSBURG, MISSISSIPPI
VBA will host our season ending shoot, The River City Classic, at TARA Wildlife. This year, the River City Classic will be a 2 day shoot. It will be held on Saturday, July 20th and Sunday, July 21st. Several new events have been added this year.
Saturday events will include:
• River City Shoot-Out, a 20 target 3D course
• Long-Shot, an unmarked long distance target shoot
• Day 1 of the Traditional Jamboree, an open format 3D shoot for Traditional Archers.
• Night Shoot, a 10 target 3D course shot after dark.
Sunday events will include:
• Our friend and fellow archer, Ben Jackson, has graciously agreed to lead a Shooter’s Worship Service on Sunday morning.
• Day 2 of the Traditional Jamboree, an open format 3D shoot for Traditional Archers.
• 1st Annual River City Team Shoot. Teams will consist of a minimum of 4, maximum of 5 shooters of the same competition class. Teams may be formed by archery clubs or individual archers who team up. No archer may compete on more than one team. Any archer who normally competes as a Pro or Semi-Pro in any sanctioned (ASA, IBO, NFAA, State Assn., etc.) events, must compete in the Pro/Semi-Pro Class. Team entry fees, less $50, will be pooled for a cash payback to the winner in each class. The team shoot will consist of 3 competition classes. Limited, Unlimited and Pro/Semi-Pro. Details for classes are as follows:
• 40 yard max
• Bowhunter equipment (no magnification, 12” or less stabilizer, sight adjustment behind riser
• Limited class shooters may move up to Unlimited or Pro/Semi-Pro class
• $125 entry fee per team
• 50 yard max
• Any equipment
• Unlimited class shooters may move up to Pro/Semi-Pro class, but may NOT move down to Limited class.
• $250 entry fee per team
• 50 yard max
• Any equipment
• Pro/Semi-Pro class shooters may not move down to Unlimited or Limited class.
• $500 entry fee per class
RIVER CITY CLASSIC SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
SATURDAY - JULY 20, 2013
RIVER CITY SHOOT-OUT
7-9a RIVER CITY SHOOT-OUT Registration
7a–1p TRADITIONAL JAMBOREE Registration
7a-3:30p LONG SHOT Registration and open shoot times
7a–4:30p NIGHT SHOOT Registration
8a–Sun. 9a TEAM SHOOT Registration
9:15a RIVER CITY SHOOT-OUT Safety Meeting and Stake Assignment
10a RIVER CITY SHOOT-OUT Shotgun Start
Scores must be in by 3:00p.m.
10a–4p TRADITIONAL JAMBOREE Open Shoot times
Scores for Day 1 must be in by 5:00p.m.
4p RIVER CITY SHOOT-OUT Shoot Down (if needed)
4:30p LONG SHOT SHOOT OFF
5p RIVER CITY SHOOT-OUT AWARDS
SHOOTER OF THE YEAR AWARD (VBA)
Dark NIGHT SHOOT Shotgun Start
Awards for Night Shoot held at conclusion
SUNDAY – JULY 21, 2013
1ST ANNUAL TEAM SHOOT
7a SHOOTERS WORSHIP SERVICE
Sat. 8a–Sun. 9a TEAM SHOOT Registration
8 a –NOON TRADITIONAL JAMBOREE Registration
9 a–2 p TRADITIONAL JAMBOREE Open shoot times
Scores for Day 2 must be in by 2 p.m.
9:30a TEAM SHOOT Safety Meeting/Stake Assignments
10 a TEAM SHOOT Shotgun Start
2:30p TRADITIONAL SHOOT-DOWN
3p TEAM SHOOT PAYOUTS AND AWARDS
3:30p TRADITIONAL JAMBOREE AWARDS
For more information about this tournament or any other VBA events, please contact the club:
on Facebook Groups: VICKSBURG BOWHUNTERS
Jackie Young @ 601-540-2892
Angie Massey @ 601-618-8038