Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a cj deadnuts 2 supreme and it's got the 2nd and 3rd axis adjustments on it. Just wondering what I do with these adjustments and if I don't do anything will it affect my shooting. Any help with these adjustments will be appreciated.

· Registered
7,101 Posts
2nd axis is telling you if the bow is tipping left or right. Set it by holding a carpenter's level from limb pocket to limb pocket, get it plumb and check the sight's level. Adjust the 2nd axis untill it matches the carpenter's level.
3rd is telling you if the face of the sight is square to you. If you attached the carpenter's level to the bow, with tape, and you have 2nd axis set, draw and hold the bow plumb, now watch both levels and tip the bow up or down. Keeping the carpenters level plumb, your sight's level should also stay in the middle, if it's not, then likely 3rd axis needs ajusting. Your squaring the sight's face to you.

· Registered
12,940 Posts
Spot Hogg website has some great info on axis adjustment.

I believe they say to draw the bow when making the adjustment as the reason the face may not be square is because at full draw the riser may be flexing causing the sight not to be square. I did mine in a vise up and down but after reading SH's theory I think I was mistaken... I don't feel it was the way to do it.

A local shop did it for me in a Hooter Shooter that was a bit scary but it seemed to work well

· Registered
9,007 Posts
I like to adjust the 3rd axis by shooting up and down hill. If the 3rd axis needs adjusting the bow will group consistently left or right when shooting up hill. When you start grouping in the center where you are aiming your 3rd axis is correct or as correct as your shooting will allow it to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.