Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have watched and learned from these DVD's over time and they are now just collecting dust. I'm ready to pass them on to the next owner. Maybe you're a beginner, maybe your a veteran who likes to review or likes to have some resources to share with a new archer to learn from?

They are used and have slight scratches on them, but are fully functional.

$60 shipped (I'll pay the paypal fees) to your door for all 4 of them! That's more than half off of retail.

ArcheryDVDsforsale_zpsf7843c79.jpg
Kitty not included :)

In no specific order of importance:

Core Archery Back Tension Defined DVD by Larry Wise retails $20 from Lancaster (pasted from his site):
Description

Larry Wise said:
This DVD is a guide through the definition of back tension by showing the muscles needed to first hold the bow at full draw and then to further contract so that a rotational force is placed on the holding upper arm and elbow. This rotation is transferred into the release hand so that a back tension style (hinge) release will discharge the bowstring. Under these conditions there is no conscious mental involvement with the release aid or the moment of bowstring release.
A second major definition for FULL-DRAW-POSITION is ALSO demonstrated in action. This position must be attained so that the appropriate muscles can be effectively and efficiently used. All of this is shown in action and in static conditions. It’s described thoroughly in terms you can understand.
Based on these two definitions the second half of this DVD uses my twelve steps of shooting form to teach the viewer how to build his or her body into full draw position. Efficient biomechanics is stressed throughout every step plus every form step is evaluated by how well it helps the shooter establish and execute with back tension. Once again, each step is shown in action and in static form with easy to understand descriptions.
The biomechanical techniques presented have been verified by numerous doctors of chiropractic and orthopedic specialties. These techniques enabled me to win many professional tournaments and a world field championship during the twenty-five years I competed. You can see it in action when you watch the top pros today. You won’t see it on the internet where you’ll find lots of home-spun ideas not based on any kind of scientific study or principles. If you ignore the science of our sport, you will pay the price! If you’re willing to work hard and “smart” with back tension you’ll build shooting form that you can trust – for a long time.
Find the shooting technique that performs every day of the year instead of a “trick” that gets you a few good shots every third tournament.

Professional Tuning Secrets DVD retails for $40 from Lancaster (pasted from site):
Professional Archery Techniques
GRIV said:
In our new tuning DVD GRIV takes you through all of his favorite tuning techniques and setup hints that he uses to keep his gear in top shape
2 Full hours
  • Arrows
  • Nock straightening
  • Arrow Straightening
  • Weight Matching
  • Sting Making
  • Basic setup
  • Sight setup
  • 2nd axis
  • 3rd axis
  • And tons of tuning techniques and professional secrets
Professional Form and Shot Execution retails for $25 from Lancaster (pasted from site):
GRIV said:
This is the second DVD from ArcheryLearningCenter. The first DVD, Professional Tuning Secrets, covered the Mechanical and tuning side of archery. This second installment covers the finer points of form, shot execution, and stability. Inside this DVD you will learn how to clean up and cure shot execution problems, How to make your bow more stable, how to make form changes to promote stability. and most of all... How to recognise through sight movement what changed need to be made and when.
Contents:

• Form
  • The basic form structure
  • Draw Length tricks
  • Shot setup and approach to anchor
  • Recognizing and releasing tension
  • Shot Building
  • Learn how to shoot the different release types in detail
  • Eliminate freezing
  • Using GRIV's ten yard exercise to create your best shot
  • Stability
  • More draw length tricks
  • Choosing and using stabilizers for best results
  • Bow tuning that affects stability
  • Creating the perfect balance
Compound Bow Setup DVD retails for $40 from Lancaster. Missing the case it came in. (pasted from site):
Liam Grimwood said:
GB team members Liam Grimwood & Neil Wakelin show you how to set up a compound bow from start to finish in a highly detailed step by step process. From choosing the right bow to string serving and advanced setup techniques, this DVD will take you from a brand new bow, to having it ready for the shooting line.
Chapters

• Choosing the Right Bow
  • Centre Serving
  • Fitting a Blade Rest
  • Fitting a Drop-Away Rest
  • Nocking Point & D-Loop
  • Poundage Adjustment
  • Installing a Peep Sight
  • Sight Choice & Setup
  • Stabilisation
  • Draw Length
  • Cam Timing
  • Final Check
  • Vital Measurements

Look at my feedback and know that you can deal in confidence. I'd rather just get these moved and not bother with parting them out individually so I would like to sell them all together for now. Great resource of information here.

All discs will ship in hard cases to keep them protected during shipping.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To the top for the passing on of knowledge

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the top.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Thank you for the offers and interest.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Items sold. Thanks Archery Talk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.