Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 of these for my recurve and I got to thinking id like to shoot them through my DXT but its setup for 100 grain heads...I took the bleeder blades out of them and it made a mean looking 2 blade buzzcut but since I dont have a grain scale I was wondering how much they weighed now...anyone know?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
wow no one knows?
Sorry, just took the bleader blade off a Magnus 125 buzzcut and set it on the grain scale and..............grain scale lcd is out.

By the looks of it guessing......10 grains.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think if you take the bleeder out the head is gonna rattle. Maybe mess up flight? Just move your sights a little to accomodate a 125 head. Shouldn't be much. Or get some 100gr. buzzcuts.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
we absolutely donot recommend you taking the bleeder blades out and using them as a two blade, THIS WILL EFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE BROADHEAD. we have very tight tolerances and two blade heads are to be used as two blade heads and four blade heads, four blade heads. thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well, there you go... the two bleeders wouldn't weigh much anyway. Just make a slight adjustment and shoot them the way they're intended. The extra weight will give more penetration if you're not shooting lots of speed.

As always, make a good shot at a reasonable distance. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts