Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about fletching some arrows with 4 fletching just for the heck of it. My question is which configuration works best? Where all 4 vanes are 90 degrees apart or 75 degrees by 105? For you guys that do shoot 4 fletched arrows do they fly better for you than a regular 3 fletched arrow?

Also can I see some pics of yalls arrows with 4 vanes or feathers on them

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
No offense but this question was asked yesterday, the day before yesterday, the day before that and twice on monday...remember search tool is our friend

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
They don't fly better and are typically harder to get rest clearance with. If you're using a blade rest the 75/105 would be best.

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No offense but this question was asked yesterday, the day before yesterday, the day before that and twice on monday...remember search tool is our friend
I didnt know that or see thats why I asked

They don't fly better and are typically harder to get rest clearance with. If you're using a blade rest the 75/105 would be best.
So its kinda pointless to do it your saying?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I use 4 fletched, 1.5" fusions rather than 3 fletched 2" fusions for hunting on one of my setups. It gives an overall lower side profile for less wind drift and the additional 1.5" vane steers the broadheads (when tuned properly) just fine. I do however use it with a drop-away (NAP Apache) and thus don't have clearance issues. Plus I just like the look of the 4-fletch.

I also use 4-fletch on my indoor 3-d league with a thin blade, but those are on a UL22 shaft which is much fatter and gives better spacing between the blades.

Oh, and 90 degrees on all spacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts