1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah I did for a while but then moved on to blazers then to feathers

·
Registered
903 Posts
I do on easton 3d lightspeeds with terminator broadheads 100 gr. out of a Athens exceed 300 70lbs works perfect for me.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I used them, but they're so heavy you better be ready to use a very heavy head to maintain decent FOC. They're like 16gr a piece, if I remember correctly. 3 4" feathers weighs maybe 7 or 8 and produce better broadhead steering. They are tough, though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thinks for the info, i was looking at them for better clearance with my rest and was wondering how you all really liked them . i probably wont be shooting more then 30-40 yards so i don't think foc is as important but do like the extra weight for hunting but i may be wrong on the foc correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
When an arrow is flying throught the air it's balance point is the pivot point or fulcrum. The closer this point is to the front (higher FOC) the more lever there is behind it, therefore giving the fletchings more leverage to overpower the steering tendencies of a broadhead's blades. So higher FOC gives better stability and greater accuracy potential to all fletchings.

I'd suggest just going to 4" helical feathers and waterproofing them. Better all the way around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts