Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 pins, currently set at 15, 20, 30, 40. I've read people using first pin 10-25, is there a specific way to do this? I'de like to gain that extra pin for 50 yds, or if someone has a better idea for ranges just let me know

Edit: I know the first 2 are really close, but i don't wanna mess with them until i definitely know what im gonna set them at

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a question for you...

If you shoot your bow using your 20 yard pin at distances between 10 and 25 yards, do you actually notice much difference between the impact point?

Most compound bows today (unless you are shooting 1000 grain arrows) will not have any issues shooting 20-30-40-50 yard pins... your Turbohawk at 64# shouldn't really notice much difference between the impact points at those distances... maybe an inch or so? perhaps 2?

If that's all it is, one to two inches difference... do you need a 15 and a 20 yard pin?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very little distance. My main question is how do people set the first pin 10-25 yards. Do you sight at 20 yards and it shoots fast enough to where the travel is basically unnoticeable, so you use it 10-25 or what? If i can get the first pin 10-25 i can easily make it 10-25 30 40 50 or 10-25 35 45 55

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I have a question for you...

If you shoot your bow using your 20 yard pin at distances between 10 and 25 yards, do you actually notice much difference between the impact point?

Most compound bows today (unless you are shooting 1000 grain arrows) will not have any issues shooting 20-30-40-50 yard pins... your Turbohawk at 64# shouldn't really notice much difference between the impact points at those distances... maybe an inch or so? perhaps 2?

If that's all it is, one to two inches difference... do you need a 15 and a 20 yard pin?
what this guy said, you'll still be able to hit an object as small as a bird at 5 yards using your 20 yard pin as well:angel:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good to hear...

let us know how things turn out... :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I use a TruGlo Carbon XS 4-pin sight. My pins are set at 20, 30, 35, and 40 yards. For where I hunt here in PA that's more than long enough. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts