Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently shooting Blazers for everything, but I want to shoot some IBO events this year....Any suggestions for a 4" vane?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Duravane Low Profiles,they are good vanes.See them the most at IBO shoots in HC.

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info....I kind of want to find a fletching to use all around. I don't want to do a lot of switching around, 3D shooting is more for practicing yardage for hunting situations for me. Are any of those mentioned any good in a hunting situation? Man, that question makes no sense, when you think about it...do any of those fletchings work for hunting, in the HC.....

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Hc

If you shoot the advanced hunter class you can use the blazer vanes. Maximum yardage of 40yds instead of the 35yds in regular hunter class.
Charlie

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,539 Posts
The best 4" IBO vane is the Flex Fletch FLP-400. But shoot the AHC, it's the same distance as ASA Bow Hunter class.

·
Registered
442 Posts

Shoot the Bi-Delta 4" Jet 35. It's a 3.3" vane on a 4" vane base and it's legal. Check it out at http://www.bideltavanes.com.[/QUOTE...t me interested. 4" steering with 2" weight?

·
Registered
442 Posts
According to Lancaster the Jet 35 is still 7.9 grains.
Flex fletch 400LP(4") are 7 grains each.
Duravane 4" are 8 grains as are AAE ep-40.
I tried to figure that out from the bi delta website and couldn't. Now we know. Still an interesting vain though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
If you want to keep the weight down still

Why not use feathers??? A four inch or even 5 inch feather still weighs less than a 2" blazer. It is legal in IBO to use them?? I am not sure. I don't use them anymore, just throwing it out there for you.

Otherwise, I always use Vanetec 4" with a strong helical on my arrows that don't have blazers. They fly awesome.

Rob

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
How are the Duravane low profile 3d's for hunting.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
I am currently shooting Blazers for everything, but I want to shoot some IBO events this year....Any suggestions for a 4" vane?

Not sure how long the Blazers are, but if you step up and shoot Advanced Hunter Class, you can should 2" (measured no less than 1 3/4") vanes. All other rules the same except you'll have to shoot out to approx. 40 yards instead of 35.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts