Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happened to the thread about the 400 pound deer? I want to show my daughter the pic

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
supposedly New Brunswick opening day? anyone know more? thought I saw this before can't remember???
I have pic, send email addy, will not let me post here, to big..thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
THis buck was shot at Wilderness Whitetails in Rosholt , Wisconsin. You can see it on thier web site, wildernesswhitetails.com.

And yes the buck was way over 400 lbs. Also, the main frame 9pt. scored 209".......huge deer for sure.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
i wonder what that bucks pricetag was? do they ever put them on clearance?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
regardless...it's amazing that they can get that big... must have been feeding him growth hormone!!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Big Deer

There was a buck killed in Greene County Ohio near my house that field dressed at 295 which is big for a wild deer. Decent rack but not a trophy.

·
Registered
662 Posts
lol... i usually hate to see tongues hanging out but that's just cute

·
hunter
8,143 Posts
Are you sure that deer was not just tranquilized? Deer farms do that on a regular basis to saw off antlers and to give them meds, etc.. With no blood or trauma present I would guess that deer in the pic is still breathing!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts

·
Banned
770 Posts
regardless...it's amazing that they can get that big... must have been feeding him growth hormone!!!!
ya think!!!! duh duh dummb dirrrr....

im going to puke if I see this picture 1 more time on here...

yes, if you fence in ANY animal, feed it the best food and weekly shots of numerous chemicals and hormones... then that animal, or PET will excede ANY animal in the wild.

Its called chemical alteration and it should be illegal.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
It is a pig.

I hunted with a guy many, many years ago who claimed to have shot a 300lb deer in IL. It did look huge the the pic. At that time i didn't even figure IL had any deer left.

A friend in northern WI shot one 15 years ago that field dressed at around 250, which is big up there. ThaT deer was just big -- not fat-- just big -- made all the other deer look like pygmies.

·
Banned
770 Posts
Are you sure that deer was not just tranquilized? Deer farms do that on a regular basis to saw off antlers and to give them meds, etc.. With no blood or trauma present I would guess that deer in the pic is still breathing!
I agree!! another sad fact about this...

·
hunt or be hunted
3,953 Posts
I wonder how many hunters have been eaten by that BEAST

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
From there web site

Trophy fees for bucks scoring over 180 B&C:

180 Gross B&C: $2,000
190 Gross B&C: $5,000
200 Gross B&C: Determined on individual deer basis
Terms and conditions:

All hunts are one on one guided. The guide will determine classification of all bucks in the preserve.

All hunts are booked for a minimum of three days and will include 1-1 guide service and transportation to and from the Central Wisconsin Airport at Mosinee/Wausau. No license is required.

Advance reservations with a $1,000 non-refundable deposit ( $3,000 for Gold Hunts ) are required to confirm bookings for all hunts. Balance is to be paid by money order, cashiers check, or cash upon completion of the hunt.

This is not a guaranteed hunt. Hunters have gone home unsuccessful. However, if the hunt is unsuccessful, the hunter pays nothing more than the initial deposit for the hunt. A draw blood policy is in effect and fees are due for wounded animals.

Non-hunting guests are welcome at no additional charge.

Hunting season runs from September through December. Rifle, bow and muzzleloader hunters are welcome.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts