Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting some new strings and cables. I have been hearing a lot of guys talk about the 8190 string material. I have always asked for the 452. Which is least likely to creep/stretch? Or which material do you guys prefer?

Thanks!
-Chad

·
Registered
594 Posts
So far I am really liking the 8190 on the string set from the bow string store. I have about 500 shots on them so far. I am having my strings made with the 8190 for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
8190 for a "little"extra speed-452 tried and true for durability

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
Or you can have cables in one and string in another :)

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
419 Posts
I build my own strings and prefer the 8190 material. BUUUTTTTTTT... If you like to use some very bright and sunny colors, I might urge you towards the 452x. Seems to me that the 8190 doesnt seem to hold color quite as well over time. 452x as specs in it, hence why the natural color is a cream, off white color and why 8190 is pure white in its natual color. Both are great materials that are by far the best stuff on the market.

·
Vendor
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I build my own strings and prefer the 8190 material. BUUUTTTTTTT... If you like to use some very bright and sunny colors, I might urge you towards the 452x. Seems to me that the 8190 doesnt seem to hold color quite as well over time. 452x as specs in it, hence why the natural color is a cream, off white color and why 8190 is pure white in its natual color. Both are great materials that are by far the best stuff on the market.
I don't mind the colors too much...as long as the material is a little better. I have the 452x now by a great string builder on AT, but i have seen more string stretch than wanted. I see it most in my yoke(tightest twisted yoke), so I was just hoping to find something that might hold up a tad bit better.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
No creep of 452x on the cables to keep everything in tune and lowest creep ever from a straight dyneema 8190 on the string for a fast soft shot.

Or you can have cables in one and string in another :)

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2
That's what I am running on my two bows right now except Brownell equivalents. Best of both world's IMO

·
Registered
327 Posts
I went with 8190 from jbk and I really like it quite a bit. One thing I have noticed I went with red/white/blue combo. The white is fairly dull and really isn't visible. Never tried white but was interested in it. Overall the 8190 is great stuff but 452 is tried and true. I like the 452 cable/8190 string combo. Interested to see people do this more.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Built a set for my AM32 with 452x cables & 8190 string ..Have always used 452x , but decided to give 8190 a go on the string , so far it is spot on as the day I built it , peep comes straight back ...

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
if you shoot in the rain 8190 for sure
this statement makes absolutely NO SENSE, rain has no affect on one material that it doesnt on another, dont know why you would even say this, rain DOES NOT MATTER

vapor trail VTX :wav:
He didnt ask about Brownell material......

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Ive had 8190 on my bow and buddies all year, built for some others also but these both have performed well so far this year. BUT if your sceptical and like 452x then i do say go with the combo, 452x cables and 8190 string. The 8190 was pretty quiet, so in fact that i didnt even have to use string silercers of any sort, i added spped nocks to my matrix and as quiet as before with them. Not sure if youll see more than a few fps over 452x if any, alot depends on the colors you may have had before and if your going with another now, some are thicker and take more dye to process, but i myself dont worry about a few fps but wanted to point out

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
this statement makes absolutely NO SENSE, rain has no affect on one material that it doesnt on another, dont know why you would even say this, rain DOES NOT MATTER

He didnt ask about Brownell material......
i know just figured i'd wiegh in on my thoughts

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
I have 8190 from JBK on my bows and I like it better than 452x but it's probably just in my head. For me it has less fray, is 100% stable and looks awesome on my bow. Been putting it thru it's paces this season with a lot of time in the rain and I couldn't be happier. After a couple of weeks in the woods string still looks great but I'll put a super light coating of wax on it after which it looks new again. Been shooting it for about 6 months now and since I initially set my peep I haven't had to touch it. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
No creep of 452x on the cables to keep everything in tune and lowest creep ever from a straight dyneema 8190 on the string for a fast soft shot.

That's what I am running on my two bows right now except Brownell equivalents. Best of both world's IMO
Exactly...I have been running 452x for cables and (until recently) using 8125 on the string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
World & National Champion
34,000 Posts
You can't go wrong with either material. We're seeing great results with each of these. I feel that 8190 has brighter(nicer looking) colors and is more durable then 452x. I would give 452x a slight edge in stability while 8190 gets the edge in the speed dept. As a full time string builder I can shoot any material that I want. As a serious competition archer I want the best available. With that being said my personal setups are using 8190 in the string and 452x in the cables.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts