Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a recurve at a yardsale for 5 bucks, its a Pearson Spoiler 7152 52" 50lb @ 28"serial#6738-85 anybody have any history on this bow? Also it has a little bit of a twist in one of the limbs, any way to get the twist out? Still enjoying my Sage and continuing to improve!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm new to this but have tried it and it worked for me.. I would wait for others to chime in...

Twist limb: take a small cotton towel, soak in water, squeeze the towel, with the towel still damp (saturated with water), throw in the microwave for about 2-3 min on high. THen take ot out of the microwave and wrap it around your twisted limb (do it with glove so you do not get burn by the steam and hot towel) for about 5-7 minutes. After the wait, physically twist the limb in the opposite direction, careful not to over do it. Once you are happy with the results and the bow is somewhat cool, string it up and position the string to pull the limb to the center (if need me), hang it on a peg and leave it overnight. Pull string back and lower back to the bow several times and see if it is corrected. I was told to do this by a respected archer at my range, I was hesitate at first but eventually tried it and it worked for me... 1950's Bear Grizzly

·
Registered
981 Posts
You can try it without heat first. Over twist in the opposite direction a few times. String it, draw it and see how it lines up. Once you get it where it should be, leave it strung for a while. Heat is usually only required with more severe twists. Also be careful using heat. The older glues don't like temps above about 160. That's the danger of using heat.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You can hold over steam or even just hold it under the hot water from the faucet and reversetwist and hold for a few seconds. Repeat until straight.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
the bow was mfg in the mid 50's ande was always one of the top sellers for that brand. go to tradgang.com and post there as well they may be able to even give you the birthday of the bow.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
It was made in 1976 I believe, black pearsonite glass, marblewood handle brown wood on sides and thin black strip down center
They started makin them in 73
7 1/2 - 8" brace hgt

they didnt even make short bows in the fifities

1 - 8 of 8 Posts