Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot my first ever scored round of 5 spot 300 last night. For me, i was pretty happy with how i shot, i felt good, i learned few things, both mental and physical. I shot a 289 24x, my last few ends were my best, second to the last was 4x with a 5. I feel that there are some things i can improve on, i think its going to be fun.
What kind of x counts are winning local and state matches?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I shoot free style and generally am in the top of my league with 52-57 x’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
In my state it's 120x over the weekend if you want to play with the big boys, with s significant number of in/outs to break the tie.

Local league a round in the mid 50s can take it on a given night.

·
-------
2,640 Posts
State Amateur Men FS 115x's will put you in the hunt but not guarantee a win.

Local depends on where you live. Can be top dog in one zip code and mid pack in another.

State Pro Men FS 118x's plus. Last year that would have gotten you 3rd. Pair of 119x's had to go to a shootoff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so just to verify i am inderstanding it correctly placment goes my score first amd x count would break a tie, right? So a 300 55x would beat a 299 59x? Correct?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
State Amateur Men FS 115x's will put you in the hunt but not guarantee a win.

Local depends on where you live. Can be top dog in one zip code and mid pack in another.

State Pro Men FS 118x's plus. Last year that would have gotten you 3rd. Pair of 119x's had to go to a shootoff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
State Round can be that way here depending on where it’s hosted. If it’s up north an amateur can win it with 100-110 Xs. Southern part of the state you need to shoot 118-120. All based on who’s willing to make the drive.

Pro class is inside outs. Mid 50s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts