Archery Talk Forum banner

5 spot scoring question for a newbie.

815 11
Would this be considered a 19 or a 23? I was aiming for the lower left dot and completely missed and hit the blue on the middle dot. Sorry for the dumb question I just got started in archery last week. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7,294 Posts
it's a 23.

not sure how long ago they dropped the one arrow per circle rule but it's any scoring ring counts now.

· Registered
2,852 Posts
it's a 23.

not sure how long ago they dropped the one arrow per circle rule but it's any scoring ring counts now.
This right here...you can shoot all 5 of your arrows into the center spot if you wanted to or two in each top and one in the center, however you like. As long as you only shoot 5 arrows at your target where ever they hit is your score.

· Registered
4,283 Posts
It's a 23. Under NFAA rules, you can stack all of the arrows into 1 spot without penalty (other than probably wrecking a couple of arrows).

· #teamPSE
Elite bows, Victory arrows, Axcel sights, Hamskea rests, Magnus broadheads
5,888 Posts
it's a 23.

happened to me my first week of league and the guy in charge of the league said 4-5 years ago.

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'd be scored as a 23, but being honest with yourself, knowing you missed the target you aimed at, I'd score it a 19 myself.
I scored it as a 19 because I knew I missed what I was aiming at.

· Socket Man
25,923 Posts
Glad to see you getting into archery, I have been shooting for almost 40 years and it is a awesome lifetime sport. I teach hinge shooting so if you want to learn one of our more advanced methods right from the beginning of you shooting career and be ahead of the game just pm me and I will get you started. Good luck and learn to cherish your good shots and just let the bad ones go and you will be way more happy with your shooting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.