Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
shooting a U.E. xt3000 limbs, cam.5+, dl 28.5", 60-70# with bow weight nut 6 turns out, if i were to change to spiralx cam will it be easier or harder to draw the bow, poundage remaining same, thanx.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
I have done the conversion several times. You lose about five pounds some of which you can get back with set up. Yes it will draw a little stiffer but smoother with a much better wall then the cam.5 on average depending on the bow you will gain about 12-15 fps at the same poundage.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,829 Posts
According to Hoyt the Cam 1/2+ requires a higher deflection unmber to gain the same poundage as the spiral. So if you have a given deflection number and put a spiral on the bow you will gain poundage.

Call Hoyt to verify.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
According to Hoyt the Cam 1/2+ requires a higher deflection unmber to gain the same poundage as the spiral. So if you have a given deflection number and put a spiral on the bow you will gain poundage.

Call Hoyt to verify.
If you need a higher deflection number with Spirals it means a loss of DW when not changing limbs. The higher deflection is stiffer. :wink:

Spirals are smaller and deflect a limb less. Unless, of course, going from say a 27" Cam.5 to a 30" Spiral, then you may gain.

I'd still call Hoyt, though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Spirals

It depends on what size cam.5 to what size spiral. The poundage can increase or decrease.Spirals have a stronger draw curve and less letoff. They are faster. Call Hoyt they will get the deflection #s you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts