Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find 50 grain brass inserts for my gold tips. Gold tip has the 100 grain, however I do not want to go that heavy. Does another manufacturer make 50 grain brass inserts that will fit "ID .246, OD .300".

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I purchased the 50gr aluminum inserts and they are terrible. The arrow and insert don't even come close to matching up. It's a nightmare trying to pull them out of my bag target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The gold tip weights you can easily add and remove till you get what you like. Inserts are a hassle if they don't work or you change your mind.
I've used the screw in Gold Tip point weights also.......I like it alot....I mainly use it while bareshaft tuning my recurves to get my point weight perfect....

·
Mountaineer
1,709 Posts
I use the standard GT insert with the FACT weight system. You can add weight in 10, 20, 50gr or any combo you like.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I purchased the 50gr aluminum inserts and they are terrible. The arrow and insert don't even come close to matching up. It's a nightmare trying to pull them out of my bag target.

glue insert into arrow then hold against a knife to trim smooth. Very easy to do and have to do with a lot of arrows because the wall thickness changes with the spine. I use the 50gr aluminum inserts and have no problems.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
glue insert into arrow then hold against a knife to trim smooth. Very easy to do and have to do with a lot of arrows because the wall thickness changes with the spine. I use the 50gr aluminum inserts and have no problems.
I'm sorry,but why should I have to do that. I'm purchasing an accessory for their product why should it fit like a glove. I would rather buy after market than have to deal with that BS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts