Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you shoot at 60#, with out getting a custum bow that is 55# to 65#, which would be the better set-up--- a 50 to 60 bow or a 60 to 70 bow and Why? With more and more people shooting 60# or around there why dont bow companys offer a 55 to 65 factory bow?

·
Banned
843 Posts
If you dont want or need a bow that pulls more than 60 lbs.,the choice is obvious. 50-60lb. bows are really plenty for all but hunting the biggest of critters,certainly enough for all target applications. I have always prefered 60-70 lb range,but shoot at or just under 65lbs. Even though the range is 60-70,you can turn out your limbs one more turn and get 56-58lbs without any problems with most bows.

·
Registered
788 Posts
just thinking about your question,martin bows have a range of 15# on them.so you could get a bow with 70# limbs that would give you a range from55# to 70#.but as pig sticker said 50# to 60# will do the job.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I believe that a bow operates more effectively near its peak draw weight. Makes sense since things are screwed in tighter so there is less chance for any type of slop or movement. In addition, with a 60 lb bow you can probably still get it up to about 63lbs if you are looking for a little bit of extra. My 60 lb Xcellerator maxes out at that number.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Viking just noticing there that 57 from 70 is 13lbs of adjustment not 17. Not a big deal but hey you know we just cant let a sleeping dog lie we got to kick it a little on the way by. hehehe

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One of the reasons I asked was because a spot guy I met at a club said he shoots 60# but always uses a 60 to 70 bow because the bow is less noisy and has less shock than a bow that is maxed out at 60#... I am still learning:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts