Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not bad at all!! Long range really shows when you goof a little.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Keep practicing young man!

That's a good start, loosen up your grip on the bow to see if you can get those arrows all entering the target at the same angle. Hold a loose circle around the grip and rely on your sling to catch the bow in the event it try's to jump out of your hands. Focus on shooting form and accuracy will follow. Don't get caught up in where your arrows are hitting for now but just focus on form and group size.If changing your grip doesn't fix those inconsistant arrow entry's take it off to a Pro shop to check the East/West on your rest. Notice that all your arrows are not going into the target at the same angle. I assume you were shooting from one stationary spot?

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Nice group.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I used to shoot that same target and any bow packing some heat will move it almost every shot.

Youngster...Im no pro but I did wipe with some paper that a friend told me he took from a Holiday Inn Express.

Try this.

Imagine keeping the pin on the target through and after the shot. So as the shot goes off through the recoil of the bow and the vibration...try your very best to keep the pin on the target.

This takes focus so dont get discouraged...you will never be able to do it but the additional focus will keep you on target the split second it takes for the arrow to clear the bow.

·
faller downer
2,654 Posts
I used to shoot that same target and any bow packing some heat will move it almost every shot.

Youngster...Im no pro but I did wipe with some paper that a friend told me he took from a Holiday Inn Express.

Try this.

Imagine keeping the pin on the target through and after the shot. So as the shot goes off through the recoil of the bow and the vibration...try your very best to keep the pin on the target.

This takes focus so dont get discouraged...you will never be able to do it but the additional focus will keep you on target the split second it takes for the arrow to clear the bow.
interesting advice ..probably applicable for all distances .

I'm new & still trying to get my 20/30 yrd groups down so IMHO .. thats pretty good shootn

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very Nice! You keep up shooting like that and there maybe a place for you on the USA Archery Team!
Keep up the hard work!:teeth:

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Its my personal best, what do you all think. Keep in mind I'm only 16.
Time to move back to 60 for a week and then 70 for another week. After that, move back to 50 and i bet you post pics of groups half that size.

Good shootin.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,135 Posts
defrost,
remember you only get one shot ,when it comes to hunting
you have to shoot the best shot first
it will take years to learn how to relax when that big boy comes in so you don't make common mistakes.
groups are ok when you practice and working on your bow
shoot one arrow a day the first shot at your target mark those hits for a week that's your group that you'll be working on!

·
Another day in paradise!
3,711 Posts
Your well on your way. Quality practice is KEY!! Don't wear yourself out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts