Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see recommendations on hunts for non-whitetails in the five hundred, one thousand, two thousand, and five thousand dollar ranges. I'm dreaming at the upper end, but we've all got to start with a dream. So, if you've done a hunt or are planning a hunt in these price ranges post up some details please. I would think this thread would be helpful to more people than me.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Squirrel hunts are free.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
you can go to the best spring bear outfitters in eastern canada for $1500 to $2000, including lodging, meals, liscense, everything but travel expenses. high success rates, good fishing usually, won't interupt your deer season, cool trophy. i can reccomend a couple good outfitters, real pros with big bears, lots of 'em.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
you can go to the best spring bear outfitters in eastern canada for $1500 to $2000, including lodging, meals, liscense, everything but travel expenses. high success rates, good fishing usually, won't interupt your deer season, cool trophy. i can reccomend a couple good outfitters, real pros with big bears, lots of 'em.
I would be down for this.

·
bigpess51
606 Posts
Yello, Can you PM me with some of these outfitters. I would love to do this! Thanks!

·
Registered
16,765 Posts
Beagle ridge outfitter in Maine you can get a bear hunt, and maybe get to meet up. this will be my second year there in Aug. price I think is 1200 or 1400

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I offer guided grey squirrel hunts in the Memphis, TN area.

Fair chase and high success rate.

Affordable and several packages available to fit any budget.

·
Ice Cold
11,856 Posts
I can hook you up on mice from the ground. Success rates in ground blinds are near 100%. Spot and stalk is a lot tougher.

WARNING: these animals are baited. If you aren't down with that, move on.
I have pics somewhere.

No crossbows!!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I can hook you up on mice from the ground. Success rates in ground blinds are near 100%. Spot and stalk is a lot tougher.

WARNING: these animals are baited. If you aren't down with that, move on.
I have pics somewhere.

No crossbows!!
Interested in swapping hunts???

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
In todays Bowhunting much of the cost is TAG + TRAVEL.
1-DIY Antelope (going again this year) or even trespass fee it's very reasonable. 2-Black Bear hunts fall into that mid/upper end 3-DIY Elk falls in there also 4-Wild Hogs in several states 2-3 day bowhunts with lodging in that lower end (going in Jan & taking 2 wounded warriors).5-Sika Deer in Md. guided/outfitter AND a fun hunt for these mini Elk
Actually If your a Do it yourself person, MOST hunts would/will fall in the under 3K & many in the 1K or less.
I've been fortunate to have done MANY assorted Biggame Bowhunts over 57 years now & 95% PUBLIC land with great success (if you measure success with a kill). Some pics of those bowhunts I listed. don't let the word public hunting scare you off, especially if you plan something ouut west-lots of country out there.
Another-though not for everyone is Day lease Bowhunts on HF places of 1000+ acres for Exotic Deer + Hogs. I have done a few of these & yes, they were tons of fun & in the $500 up to $1500 cost all inclusive.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd like to hear some of these outfitters also. That sounds like a great deal

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wish more people hunted the way god intended, DIY......
I diyed a mule deer hunt in utah. With gas, tags, and gear I had to buy, it was far from free. Under a 1000 though. I'd encourage anyone to post diy hunts to this thread, to give people an idea of what it costs to put one together. I'm sure there are some good diy hunts for the 500 range, and I'd like to hear about them.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Fellers I'm not nocking any outfitters out there but... I have found that a cheaper price on bear hunts. It usually means smaller bears and no guarantee . I know there is no guarantee on any hunt but... I'm hoping to do a Bear hunt not this Spring but maybe the following. Through Reedy's Archery out of Ontario Canada for 3800 . Chris said there are monster bears here. Good luck fellers I have also found Main bear hunts for 1800 but I'm going to spend the money and try for a trophy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts