Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finances aren't working out like they were supposed to and I won't be able to get my Z7. What good bows are there out there in the $500 range that shoot well and are dependable....?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If your wanting new, I would check out the Quest Smoke.. Otherwise you could look at a used Elite that still maintain there warranty.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
thos brand new 2009 diamond black ice bows in the classifieds listed by Scotti/PA for $419 are hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are the new Martins worth a crap? The Bengal looks decent, atleast in print

·
Registered
688 Posts
Firecat TR1

I like my Firecat TR1 (formerly known as the MOAB).

·
Registered
249 Posts
PSE Stinger NI ready to shoot package ~$419 Good bow. My bro-inlaw has one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
the new martins would be a good choice and i know they run around that price range. i would recommend either a firecat, pantera, or bengal.

although, you can find some good used mathews and hoyts on here for around that price as well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My biggest concern about buying used is warranty issues

·
Registered
682 Posts
PM Scottie and see if he has any Katera's left. I picked up a brandnew Katera XL from him, well within your budget of $500.

Brent

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Hoyt turbohawk is pretty hard to beat at $550-560. Just bought one, in fact. :)

Last year, Hoyt had a $50 mail-in rebate for the Hawk series, effectively putting them at $500. Haven't heard anything about a discount for the 2010's yet though.

·
Registered
908 Posts
bengal

are the new Martins worth a crap? The Bengal looks decent, atleast in print
i got a 09 bengal package for like 400 buck best money i've spent lately.dam good bow and for the money you can't go wrong.very nice draw very little hand shock with nothing on the bow and accurate.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If your wanting new, I would check out the Quest Smoke.. Otherwise you could look at a used Elite that still maintain there warranty.
+1 to the smoke, I have the heat and the smoke has 1/2" more B.H. (at 7 1/8), and it still shoots 324fps IBO. They are slick/nice looking units.

·
On a backstrap mission!
2,040 Posts
The Martin line may be the best mid price lineup, you should check them out.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
My biggest concern about buying used is warranty issues
Check out used Elites...they're still covered under the factory warranty:darkbeer:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Martin firecat TR1 should put you around $450 and it has great quality strings on it! best warranty in the business too

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Martin line may be the best mid price lineup, you should check them out.
Yea, I agree. The mid-range Martins are certainly worth checking out... especially if the OP is looking for a RTS package for ~$500. For that matter, I'd also take a look at the Bear Assault or maybe even poke around for a leftover Bear Truth II.

I just assumed he meant $500 bare bow so that's why I recommended the Turbohawk.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts