Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, on my spot/3d Pro Comp Elite XL spiral Cam, I'm shooting 60lbs with 55% it just holds so much better, does any one else prefer 55%?

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
I think the only reason for high let-off is for those that overbow...

for me, I like the 55-60% though I don't know what the let-off is on my current setup--spiralX on 1st peg...might have to test that out today.

I'm considering getting a spot bow (custom American Eagle or 5150) and have a 0% letoff...maybe shoot 35#.

·
Registered
842 Posts
In my opinion when shooting any kind of target archery I am much more accurate with less let off. I seem to hold the bow mor steady. I also like to shoot less poundage at 20 yard spots. I shoot at 52#. Outside I like 60#.

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Looks like you just found your ideal holding weight. I'd get an Easton scale out, pull 5 times, take the average and write it down somewhere. The 55% peg doesn't necessarily mean exactly 55%. You can get another Spiral cam bow in the future and if the cam rotation is a little different that same peg will give you 1# or 2# more or less, and you will see the difference in your hold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts