Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
That's cool! I'm gonna build one! Maybe this weekend!

·
Registered
703 Posts
pretty neat

·
Shootin and Cussin
25,188 Posts
I wonder if the PVC starts to take memory after a while? looks awesome though!
I'll bet if you de-strung it every time it would not.

I gots to try dis....

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I made these when I was younger and didn't have a sight or peep sight.It was just a peice of pvc pipe and just had some twine on for string and I would go out and shoot rabbits with it.

·
Liv4Rut
7,355 Posts
I've made dozens of them when I was younger. A contractor owned the farm before we bought it and when we took over there was 100s of pieces of PVC laying around. My buddies and I made a lot of them. I would say they were most likely only 35-40lb and we used actual rope for strings. Didn't have sights either, but we hit in a penny nail as a rest. We wrapped duct tape around the center for a handle. We did put a nock on the string. WE must of been 13-14 years old at the time. My buddy killed 2 rabbits with his and I killed 1 with mine. Those were the days LOL.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've made dozens of them when I was younger. A contractor owned the farm before we bought it and when we took over there was 100s of pieces of PVC laying around. My buddies and I made a lot of them. I would say they were most likely only 35-40lb and we used actual rope for strings. Didn't have sights either, but we hit in a penny nail as a rest. We wrapped duct tape around the center for a handle. We did put a nock on the string. WE must of been 13-14 years old at the time. My buddy killed 2 rabbits with his and I killed 1 with mine. Those were the days LOL.

Sounds like fun! :teeth:

·
Banned
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Very clever ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.