Archery Talk Forum banner

60 lbs. And hogs?

941 17
will a 60 lb.draw with a 27.5 dl ,a 27.5 inch arrow at 412 grains,striker b.h take a hog out of action?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,409 Posts
Without any problems just stay away from the plate on big boars

· Registered
1,147 Posts
If your bow is tuned and you can put an arrow where it counts, yes. I blew through a big 'ol boar last year at 37 yards with a 56 lb. bow shooting 350 grain (finished weight) Muzzy-tipped arrows going 280 fps. You should be fine as long as you know your limits.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
YES. My son shoots them with a 43lb. Mathews mustang and a 23" draw length shooting a 375grain arrow and gets pass thoughs using steel force 4 blade 85 grain heads.

· Registered
388 Posts
No prob. It's all in the placement!

I have hit em with 70 lbs at 340 fps+ and had a long track with a shot just off the mark.

BTW MKNOX: Great pic! Way to get the little guys out there!!!

· Registered
593 Posts
YES. My son shoots them with a 43lb. Mathews mustang and a 23" draw length shooting a 375grain arrow and gets pass thoughs using steel force 4 blade 85 grain heads.
Awesome! Way to get your son into the lifestyle. Need to see alot more youth getting into it, tell him to tell all of his friends!

· Registered
10,406 Posts
One thing i learned from the first ferril hog i shot is that i needed to aim a little lower on the next ones.I thought i made a good lung shot and it ended up just catching the tip top of the lungs....the vitals seem to sit a little lower on pigs.But i was also shooting from the ground.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.