Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Owl is a sweet Howard Hill bow with bamboo core limbs, osage veneers, and clear glass. This bow also has a black leather grip wrap and tip overlays to match the riser. It's the best shooting Howard Hill bow I've ever owned but I'm in selfbow mode and thinning the pile. It is a slight reflexed model for a bit more snap and speed and the grip grip is small and very comfortable... not the usual deep flat Hill grip. If you ever wanted to try one, or if you need one for your collection, you'll love this bow. I will ship, insure, and take PayPal.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Really nice bow Bob, love the looks of the grip. If not for the fact that I'm too old anymore for 58# (my draw is 28"), and I'm bow rich/money poor....I'd be all over it, lol. I do have a Wesley and Redman that still work for me, so I can't complain. BTW, since your Owl has tip wedges you might want folks to know that it's ok for FF strings.

Yup, that's a beauty.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Having had a number of Hills over the years I've found they almost always draw 2-3 pounds over marked weight, and if tillered for 27" an extra inch of draw (i.e., for a 28" draw) would add another 3# or so to the weight...so about 57-58#@28". I wish my shoulders could manage that weight again, but for anyone who can this Owl looks like a sweet bow.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A local kid came over yesterday to shoot and talk bows...we both shot this bow and we were both hitting at 30-35 yards very well. It points as well as any bow I've owned.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really need to scale the bow, but I have been getting ready for a week at a selfbow jamboree (MoJam) and just haven't done it. I shoot [email protected]" bows and this bow doesn't feel any heavier. Maybe I will get it scaled today before the heat index hits 100°... I will not be able to answer and emails or PMs for the next week because I'll be in 'primitive' mode... :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts