Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you use 7-pin sights for hunting? I just bought a Montana Black Gold Flashpoint 7-pin sight with .020 pins, just wondering how cluttered the sight ring will be? Anybody use one and not like them? Is there still plenty of visibility within the ring? Let me know. Not that it's going to make a difference at this point.:wink: I'll see when I put it on.

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
I have a Sword 3rd Plane with 7 .019 pins.

If your bow shoots fast, then you might have some pins that are awful cluttered. This can be solved by having your first pin be 25, the next 35, and so forth. It wont make a huge difference, but, it will help with pin cluttering.

I have plenty of visibility in my ring, but, I have a large guard, so, I guess it would depend on the size of the pin guard.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
I use a spot hogg seven deadly .19 and love it. Before it most of my sights had 7 or 8 .29 pins so this one has less pin showing.

·
BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
I am shooting a Spot Hogg Hunter with 7 pins on one bow and a 5 pin on the other.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
I have a Spothogg 7DP on my Airborne101st.Don't ask me why I felt I needed a 7 pin sight on this speed bow! I guessed I used it cause I already had it.I certainly do not need 7 pins on this bow.Upon shooting my Airborne 101st I was quick to access that I only needed 4 pins out to 65 yards so I removed the other 3 pins!

They were just cluttering the sight picture too much & I never plan to shoot beyond 65 yards personally! :wink:

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have the SH Hogg it Hunter 7 pin with wrap. Best side I've ever used and I dont plan on changing anytime soon.
Ditto, but it is a lil cluttered for me. I have considered taking 1 or 2 pins out.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Cobra Sidewinder Seven. 7 pins and have been shooting 7 pins for years with no problems, but I jsut went to lighter arrows and a lot more spped,but I have not had time to sight the bow in for all senven pins, so I might need to eliminate some. My 20 and 30 were as close as they could be at the slower speed, but I am not sure if it will change much.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
my set up

i have a sword with 6 pins and going to add a few more my top pin is .19 and the others are .10 can see just find. i love the set up. i haven't been messed up yet my set up is green for even red for odd. that what i shoot.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I hunt with the exact sight you purchased it is a tremendous sight IMO it is slightly cluttered as you say for my 20-30 yard pins but its not bad, bow shoots just over 300 fps also have a 7 pin sight on my E-force and took out the 30 yarder but that had to do more with the piss poor design of the trophy taker sight all the wrapped fiber going to the top pin it drowns out the other pins dude makes a sweet rest but not impressed with sight design.Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I shoot a 3 pin site and havent used the third one yet! It's there if I need it but 30 yards is about my max!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I use Spot Hogg sights - one is the Seven Deadly Pins and the other is the Real Deal with five pins. I mostly spot-and-stalk out West, so more pins is useful - and I practice out to long ranges.

Ray

·
Registered
835 Posts
i hunted and target shot with the Super 7 last year and loved it, long enough sight plane that clutter wasn't too bad. however i'll be going to the spot hogg wrapped hogg-it 7-pin .010 with extension bar this year.

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
I have the Sword Twilight Hunter w/ the 3rd plane. 7 pins (top pin-0.019, next 6 are 0.010) Works real well for me. The smaller pins don't blot out the target at longer distances.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Just wondering how many of you use 7-pin sights for hunting? I just bought a Montana Black Gold Flashpoint 7-pin sight with .020 pins, just wondering how cluttered the sight ring will be? Anybody use one and not like them? Is there still plenty of visibility within the ring? Let me know. Not that it's going to make a difference at this point.:wink: I'll see when I put it on.
You'll be extremely happy with it too...:thumb:...I like the unconditional lifetime guarantee, you drive over it with a truck and they will replace it...:nod:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts