Archery Talk Forum banner

70lb DXT not 70lb ?

939 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Viper69
Do any of you have the same problem . My DXT is maxing out at 65lb's , all the specs are set correctly (exactly) ,ata , brace height , timing ,etc.
What could the problem be ?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not a new bow , I have just never really bothered to check the actuall poundage . I bought it in August last year .
It shoots like a dream , I would just like it to get to or get close to 70lbs draw weight.

· Registered
127 Posts
Its not a new bow , I have just never really bothered to check the actuall poundage . I bought it in August last year .
It shoots like a dream , I would just like it to get to or get close to 70lbs draw weight.

If you are the original owner we can get you taken care of...... if it's a used bow than that is another story.....also you can get the string and cable set up right.......and a non factory string and cable can mess up poundage if not set correctly...... again please contact your local Mathews retailer and have them contact me.......

just got your PM........ have Potshot Archery call us and we can get you limbs sent out to the shop.......

· Registered
1,198 Posts
strings/cables

Check the strings and cables. Last night a customer purchased a black DrenlinLD and brought a set of after market strings in for the bow. The OE strings at 60lb 27"dl with Fatboy 500's at 301gr got 280 fps. The after market needed 64lbs to get 272 fps with the same arrow and bow set to Mathews specs. The customer put the OE stuff back on and is going to try and return the aftermarket stuff. I know the arrow was under weight and that's why we didn't go higher with poundage. The Barracuda strings will work great with the bow with no reason to change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.