Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently have a 6" flatline stabilizer on the front of my VXR 28 but been wanting to try a front and back setup to see what it's like and all about, so I ordered the 8" and a static bar mount. I don't really want to go greater than 8" up front. Will put the 8" on front might remove an ounce or 2 off of it and put them on the 6" for the rear. If it doesn't work out I'll put one of them on my daughters mission switch. Anyone running a similar 8/6 setup on their bow and how do you like it ? Thanks Hray

·
Registered
308 Posts
I shoot the vertix its pretty close to the same lenght riser i think the vxr 28 riser is slightly longer but i use a 10/10

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks will try weight configuration when it comes in.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I have two VXR 28's and one VXR 31.5, all with different front and back bar flatline configurations. All three work great. One 28 has an 8" on the front with 1 oz and a 6" on the rear with 4 oz. The second 28 has a 10" on the front with 2 oz and an 8" on the rear with 4 oz. The 31.5 has a 12" on the front with 1 oz and a 10" on the rear with 3 oz. Just a FWIW the front cap assembly on the flatline is 2.3 oz and is this added to the number of 1 oz single weights. I am a huge fan of the new Mathews/Shrewd back bar attachment. It gives you very precise up/down and in/out adjustment to get that weight positioned perfectly.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two VXR 28's and one VXR 31.5, all with different front and back bar flatline configurations. All three work great. One 28 has an 8" on the front with 1 oz and a 6" on the rear with 4 oz. The second 28 has a 10" on the front with 2 oz and an 8" on the rear with 4 oz. The 31.5 has a 12" on the front with 1 oz and a 10" on the rear with 3 oz. Just a FWIW the front cap assembly on the flatline is 2.3 oz and is this added to the number of 1 oz single weights. I am a huge fan of the new Mathews/Shrewd back bar attachment. It gives you very precise up/down and in/out adjustment to get that weight positioned perfectly.
Thanks, I got and extra weight in the mail and was going to try 1 Oz up front with 2 or 3 oz on back at first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts