Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new 8 inch snow camo bee stinger mounted on a new SP. when I tap the riser I hear buzzing in the stab (no bee jokes guys lol). When I take it off it does not happen. I have one weight on it and everything seems tight. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I have a brand new 8 inch snow camo bee stinger mounted on a new SP. when I tap the riser I hear buzzing in the stab (no bee jokes guys lol). When I take it off it does not happen. I have one weight on it and everything seems tight. Thoughts?
I've had the same thing happen, and its normally right around the threads. Its more than likely in the riser threaded collar. I only had it happen when my B-stinger was screwed into a leather band holding my wrist sling, which I've since replaced. In the grand scheme of things, you're not going to hear it over the shot of the bow anyway.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had the same thing happen, and its normally right around the threads. Its more than likely in the riser threaded collar. I only had it happen when my B-stinger was screwed into a leather band holding my wrist sling, which I've since replaced. In the grand scheme of things, you're not going to hear it over the shot of the bow anyway.
Gotcha. Yes it's screwed into leather sling also but sling has metal collar. Guess I won't worry about. Bow seems to have more vibe and noise than I like and thought this was it. Maybe I'm just used to the carbon riser bows.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Gotcha. Yes it's screwed into leather sling also but sling has metal collar. Guess I won't worry about. Bow seems to have more vibe and noise than I like and thought this was it. Maybe I'm just used to the carbon riser bows.
I'd bet if you take the sling off, and screw the stabilizer straight onto the bow, it would go away. I don't know what causes it to do it, but it does.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts