Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Dear Lord, send me a dink like that ANYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome deer......congrats, JB

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrat's on a GREAT buck!! WoW! :eek:

·
74,535 Posts
All I can say is WOW

Impressive. What a buck

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
buck

Beautiful deer:) I'd like to hear the story as well.Congrats:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
awsome buck. that things looks like it will gross and net in the 140's. there might be a 1" difference on the entire rack, what a huge symetrical 8 pointer

·
Registered
193 Posts
dink...............

just think what another year woulda done for him. shoulda let him walk. looks young, but nice none the less especially for an 8.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
He will look good on the wall

·
Registered
2 Posts
that is a real nice deer , i wish we could get a chance at a deer of that size here in west virginia , mostly scrub bucks here.. good eaten though..

·
Shootin 12's
8,274 Posts
DINKY

Yea I would have waited another year!!! He would have been so so much better of a deer!

·
Registered
193 Posts
yep, another year

ive come to realize unless he was chaing a doe or on public land or in a small trac of private land or in a place where i have others hunting with me that have no self control--- hed be around next year. you might have to wait till hes ruttin and chasin does to get a look at him, but man a deer like that at an 8 woulda been a monster next season. being a bow hunter exclusively i do understand the desire to harvest him- i know it woulda been hard for me to pass him up-- but oh what a story it woulda been to have him on video or some pics of him then get to tell your buddies you let him walk and save him for next year!! so much more of a reward.

lets hear a story!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
not to mention...........

him breeding a dozen or so of your does---- talk about growing deer. just my thoughts but id have shot 2 or 3 little ones in place of him to keep them off my does.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys crack me up!

I have a limit of 140 before I will shoot a buck. Now I don't know about where you hunt man-o and RyanH, but on this place we have a good chance at a 140 or bigger. You also have to consider how long you are going to get to hunt as well as what is moving while you are there. It's not that I felt I had to shoot him. I do not have to harvest an animal to make my hunt successful. More goes into it than that. You can view my video footage to see that I let most of them walk.

I love to rattle in good bucks. It makes my heart race when one has his ears back, hair standing on end, and is walking that walk they do when they are PISSED and looking for a fight. I rattled this guy in from over 300 yards away. He put on quite a show and was the only deer I saw that morning. Something told me to thump him and when he stopped in the last shooting lane at 30 yards, I did. My ACC hit exactly where I was aiming and he really did not know what happened. 20 yards later he just laid down and it was over. I could have videoed him but decided to harvest him instead. I have videoed several this year but it was time to come home and this guy offered himself so he will not be there next year. One of the other 7 bucks I videoed on Saturday evening will have to pass on their genetics. My first measurement put him in the low 140s gross.

Hey man-o and RyanH, how many 140s have you passed this year? I would love to be able to continue my hunt with my buddies but that was not possible. I will leave the B&C class bucks for Keyman and friends. I am proud of my buck, my shot, and the "dink" part is a JOKE in case you can't understand that. God blessed me with my 6th P&Y in 6 years. We can't all be Chuck Adams you know.

Here's one I passed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Another that was by me several times.

I let this guy walk several times. Man-o have you got pics (that you took) of a bigger one?

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
are you people nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grayghost,
if you would have passed on that buck i would have been shocked. like you said, how many of the guys on here have bucks in the 140's...not too many. what is the world coming to when a guys shoots a huge buck and people tell him he should have passed on him. i have not been lucky enough to get a P&Y yet, but i am getting there. if someone would have told me i should have passed on my 120" buck this year(best ever) i would have laughed in their face. congratulations again on a fine buck and if you even question shooting him, i will kick your ***(J/K)
ryan

1 - 20 of 55 Posts