Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably another BS story but a rumor was started that a Hunter in Kentucky recently shot a 8 Point buck that turned out to be a doe. I don't have any pictures or details other than when he started to drag the deer out of the woods he discovered that it had no --lls but did have all the other doe organs. Has anyone else ever heard of does having horns? I'll try to find out some more details. Anyway, I was just wondering what everyone else thinks of such a story. Semper Fi, Steve. :)

· Registered
17,332 Posts
Yep, it actually happens more commonly than many believe. There have been a few taken in my area over the last several years. The largest antlered Doe from this area was Kenny Locks monster, (taken near Canton) I think she carried a awesome crown with 24 points and most were long dagger points! Plus she weighed over 300#. A very impressive animal!!! This deer was featured in North American Whitetail magazine.

· Registered
468 Posts
it was probably a buck that has been castrated some how or has a birteh defect or it coudl be a hermafordite deer,, its probably a hermafordite deer,
the deer was probably also in full velvet as well, usually these deer never loose there velvet and grow odd lookin horns at an extreme rate,

chase

· Registered
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No BS

:eek:
xtrembowhntr said:
they are rare, but they do exist
doe with antlers
I will have to stop throwing the BS flag. Thanks for for the article. Looks like they're everywhere!! :eek: :eek:

· Registered
332 Posts
My uncle shot a nice typical 8 pointer about 15 years ago that turned out to be a doe. He mounted it and it is still hanging in his house. She was in full velvet during gun season when taken and her tines are very sharp. Quite a trophy.

· Registered
1,614 Posts
true story

Its true this does happen not sure exactly why. I saw a newspaper article and saw the mount of the deer at a local bow shop in Tahlequah Oklahoma. The wildlife department said it was something to do with hormones.

· Registered
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep

xtrembowhntr said:
that is exactly right. i forgot about that.
Yeah, I now remember why they put bearded birds on your turkey license. I killed a hen Turkey one time that had a 7" beard. That turns out to be quite common also. :eek: :eek: They're still fun to shoot!! :D :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.