Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off the furthest i`ve shot until today was 60 yrds. but, i`m goin to try some field this year. so, i figure i better see if the ol` sight will adjust down to 80 yrds. i`m pulling 59 lbs at 28in draw shooting fatboys , weighing in at 357grns. well, the cbe 3dxl was all the way down, but it made it. that spot looked awfully small!!! i need to do more 80 yrd practice. that sure makes 40 and 50yrds look a lot closer.
i`ve shot 3d mostly. but started shooting indoor 5 spot last year. i figure i might as well try field looks to be a hoot. :shade:

· Registered
79 Posts
I shot 70 yards yesterday for the first time on a 22 inch by 22 inch target butt and I was pleased that I hit it with all 3 arrows.

Fairly big group but, I hit it. It does a lot for confidence.

I am looking forward to trying field for the first time in over 25 years.(I am only 32 LOL):)

· Registered
3,221 Posts
First of all...don't let it freak you out. 80 yards is just another distance...another sight setting...etc, etc, etc. At most, you will shoot two arrows at that distance in a round. No big deal. Relax...aim steady...and let 'em fly. :)

Good luck shooting Field this year. Hope you enjoy the challenge.

· Registered
5,070 Posts
first off the furthest i`ve shot until today was 60 yrds. but, i`m goin to try some field this year. so, i figure i better see if the ol` sight will adjust down to 80 yrds. i`m pulling 59 lbs at 28in draw shooting fatboys , weighing in at 357grns. well, the cbe 3dxl was all the way down, but it made it. that spot looked awfully small!!! i need to do more 80 yrd practice. that sure makes 40 and 50yrds look a lot closer.
i`ve shot 3d mostly. but started shooting indoor 5 spot last year. i figure i might as well try field looks to be a hoot. :shade:

If I can do it pulling 34 lbs.....you sure can......now go pull on your "Big Boy Britches" and get out there!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Good Luck!!...and report back here soon!

· Registered
34,432 Posts
First of all...don't let it freak you out. 80 yards is just another distance...another sight setting...etc, etc, etc. At most, you will shoot two arrows at that distance in a round. No big deal. Relax...aim steady...and let 'em fly. :)

Good luck shooting Field this year. Hope you enjoy the challenge.
VERY WELL said Jerry :)

The 80 is intimidating for a lot of people.....not really sure why. That target is HUGE :D It's actually my favorite target on a field range. I wish that there was a 70 & 80 yard target on each half. Get rid of both Walk Ups and make one a 70 and the other an 80 and I would be in heaven :D

· Registered
5,070 Posts
what kind of scores are you guys and gal averaging ?

ms got lucky what weight arrow do you shoot at 34 lbs?

thanks guys and gal

You can call me just Lucky :wink:......

Scores....welllll nothing to brag about except I do make some pretty amazing shots sometimes....

Arrows...?? weight????.....ahhhhhhh they are black...:grin: ....and ummm....skinny....and they got 3 little vanes and I think someone said 90gr. points and they are about 25 inches long....

Surprisingly....I think I shoot better on the 80 than the 40 & 50 yarder....

· Registered
7,294 Posts
the sight picture you have at 80yds is the same as the one you have at 20ft

only 2 arrows on 80 and 2 on 70 during the whole round........dunno why everyone gets wierded out and i have no idea why the foam heads think their bows cant shoot that far.

· Registered
8,117 Posts

Arrows...?? weight????.....ahhhhhhh they are black...:grin: ....and ummm....skinny....and they got 3 little vanes and I think someone said 90gr. points and they are about 25 inches long....
Man is that a typical woman comment! :) The tires are black and round, the windows are clear, the key goes here and I put gas in this little door back here! :ROFLMAO:

Yea, yea, I know Ms. Lucky! I am already on my way to stand in the corner! :shade:

· Registered
8,117 Posts
and i have no idea why the foam heads think their bows cant shoot that far.
I "used" to have issues getting more than 60 yards! :mg: I think it is the "line of sight closer to arrow line of flight" thinking. I used to have a high anchor (lower peep height), so max yardage was severely limited!

· Registered
34,432 Posts
Man is that a typical woman comment! :) The tires are black and round, the windows are clear, the key goes here and I put gas in this little door back here! :ROFLMAO:

Yea, yea, I know Ms. Lucky! I am already on my way to stand in the corner! :shade:
Speaking of the opposite sex....I think this link fits is appropriate :D

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4509412/12081820

and for the record....I have been in the car with Lucky and she wouldn't is a good driver :wink:

· Registered
5,070 Posts

ASSUME THE POSITION.............:brick:

· Registered
5,070 Posts

· Registered
1,885 Posts
Just remember I set you down without being reborn:D
Well I hate to but I do have to give you that. Although that was my first shoot in over ten years and my first ever field shoot. No excuses though, you did in fact sit me down. But even a blind squirrel finds the acorn once in a while.

Funny thing is though that I'm still taller than you when I'm sitting down as when you're standing on your tippy toes. :shade:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.