Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put together a Boss with 80lb limbs? Deflection numbers are identical to the CPXL which was available with 80lb limbs. Just curious if there was an engineering issue that kept Bowtech from offering them? TIA

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Anyone put together a Boss with 80lb limbs? Deflection numbers are identical to the CPXL which was available with 80lb limbs. Just curious if there was an engineering issue that kept Bowtech from offering them? TIA
I have an 80lb prodigy. It's one of the Chris Kyle legend bows. It came from bowtech with 80lb limbs. I think they only offered that option on the "legend" bow and not the regular prodigy but it's the same bow with different graphics on the limbs and I've never had any issues with it so I'm sure it would work fine on a boss. I'm guessing you would need a stiffer flx guard to match the stiffer limbs but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work just fine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I special ordered one two years back. I ended up hating the boss cams even with lower draw weight limbs on it. I tried both 60 and 70lb limbs. My other issue was that draw was too short for me, not an issue for most people though. I'm now shooting Mag X at 33" and I love it. Smoothest cams ever shot.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I built one for a guy and it was sweet! Bowtech told me that the riser had to much pressure and could bend but I had that 80lb Boss shooting bare shafts at 20yds in less than 5 shots

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies. Think I’m gonna give it a go and see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts