Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
14,267 Posts
Interesting you talk about it being a light weight bow and not wanting to add extra weight to it, but you are running a Spot Hogg slider. Great sights but heavy! I'm running a Tommy on mine and I'm looking at lighter options from Black Gold and B3.
Good point. Putting a SH on that bow is "akin to buying a Kimber Mountain ascent then throwing a 5.5X24X56 Nightforce on it" - lol. I have a SH Fast Eddie Triple Stack on one bow and a BG Ascent Verdict 3 pin slider on the other and the weight diff is night and day. And I would say there is absolutely zero chance the bow is properly balanced without a back bar while running a SH sight on it. It's just not physically possible which then necessitates undo torque to level the bow properly during the shot process.

If I got a Levitate not sure what sight I'd run but I'd absolutely run some sort of back bar on it. Also unsure which cam I'd get. I'm 27.5" DL so bottom of E2 cam but wonder if S2 is more aggressive and a worse draw cycle at that DL.

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
14,267 Posts
Makes sense. Still have a Realm X in the mix and agree - it's an easy bow to draw, shoot and tune. Wish I could spend some time experimenting with a Levitate but unfortunately it's a VERY expensive experiment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts