Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys find the 82nd hard or easy to shoot for groups? It having a 6in. BH and being a speed bow does it seem harder to shoot accurate? I just bought one but my buddy dry fired before i could set it up. He now owns it. Just looking for some feedback on how its accuracy and forgiveness is compared to say bows with 7+in. Bh.

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
I love the way my 82nd balances & stay on target :amen:
I have a short DL, so , short BH is really no issue for me.
my 82nd.

26.5"DL
70 LBS
363 GR arrow
304 FPS

never hit my arm and I love the bow :amen:

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Mine shot as good as any last year. The really long riser and the longer ata make it a very forgiving bow for such a fast bow.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I love my 82nd, and I'm getting pretty accurate with it.

That said, its a hard pull and requires perfect form to get really good groups.

Not a beginners bow, but smoking fast and capable of great accuracy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i would have to say how accurate are you and that is how accurate the bow is. I love my 82nd it is fast and very accurate. As already said it holds the target very nicely and a 6in bh never seemed to bother me. It isn't begginers bow as mentioned but the bow in my opinion is extremely accurate.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I bought an 08 at the end of last year, it was a great bow I just couldnt shoot it. I fell in love with the speed, but sold the bow, I guess I just couldnt get comfortable with it, and shoot reasonable groups. I sold it to a friend of mine, and he shoots great with it. The 82nd is definately not a beginers bow! It is a great bow, just not for me! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
921 Posts
I liked the 82nd but the BH did push me away some. the way I see it is speed just translates into a faster miss. I bought a 101st it has a 7" BH and it is still hauling the mail the riser and cams are the same as the 82nd just an inch longer limbs similar speed just more forgiving

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have an 09 82nd and it shoots as accurate as any bow I've owned . Just this evening I practiced shooting 50 yards at a plastic 32 oz. bottle stuck to the target with a nail . I stuck three arrows in it with field tips then switched to BH and did it again with about the same group . I'm shooting 310 fps with slick trick broaheads . I like the bow , but am used to a shorter AxA one . :smile:Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
accurate 82nd?

i just bought a 09 82nd 3 weeks ago.ive shot a allegiance for the past year-a few things i can say is this-dont grab the handle!dont even think about it.and god help you if you are a trigger puncher.if you do not do either of theese two things.its a awesome bow.now for the things you want to here..i shoot a 27.5 draw,27" arrow,70lbs,365 grain arrow out of a whisker biscuit and punch soda cans out at 60 yards!the 6 inch brace height doesnt even factor in the accuracy for the bow for me.yes, i have been shooting for quite a while.i love it.i actually like the longer ata on it compared to my allegiance!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I liked the 82nd but the BH did push me away some. the way I see it is speed just translates into a faster miss. I bought a 101st it has a 7" BH and it is still hauling the mail the riser and cams are the same as the 82nd just an inch longer limbs similar speed just more forgiving
If you liked the 82nd you will like the 101st as well.

They are great bows, and dont be scared of it if you think you can shoot it. It is as accurate as any in the right hands. I was deadly with mine

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=54069651&albumID=2319464&imageID=43489440

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=54069651&albumID=2466053&imageID=43477840

Derek

·
Registered
45 Posts
+1 on everyone mentioning the 101st. They are out of production but plenty are available on ebay and the classifieds. Fast forgiving a great shooting bow

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I loved mine until I sold it.....just had to have a new Air Raid...

accuracy wise.....three things with this bow moreso than other bows:

1. Make sure your DL is absolutely CORRECT.

2. Make sure your shoulder/rotator cuff is up to the draw-force curve.

3. Make sure your FORM is dead-nuts perefect.

Other than those three criteria....this bow is one heckuva a shooting machine!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

·
Registered
29 Posts
I shot the DXT last year with a 7 inch BH and now I have the 82nd with the 6 inch BH. I find I shot both about the same.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I haven't used my broadhead practice tips yet (rage 2) but I will soon.

I'm shooting 1 1/2' group at 20 yds right now pretty regularly occasionally more of a '1. I'm very happy with the shot placements I'm making.

I cant ask for a better setup then that, 297 FPS, with that tight of group. I'm going to work on 30 & 40 yds this weekend and then start using my practice heads.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I haven't used my broadhead practice tips yet (rage 2) but I will soon.

I'm shooting 1 1/2' group at 20 yds right now pretty regularly occasionally more of a '1. I'm very happy with the shot placements I'm making.

I cant ask for a better setup then that, 297 FPS, with that tight of group. I'm going to work on 30 & 40 yds this weekend and then start using my practice heads.
Should clarify my DL is '27.5 and I'm pulling 58#.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts