Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new 82nd yesterday and she is sweet. The Birth Certificate states 61lb, 29inch doing 336fps with 300gr arrow. I have it set up with a 30 inch draw. I tried about 3 shots with a 300 garin arrow through my chronograph and the speeds ranged from 346.3fps-348.8fps. It was smoking fast at 61lbs with an IBO arrow. The Carbon express Maxima 350's that weigh 397 gr were doing about 303-305fps. My easton st epic nfused 340's which weigh 437 gr were doing 287-290 fps. Both arrows group great. My question is, of the two arrows which ones would be best for whitetail? Based on everyones experience, would I get a passthrough on a deer let say at 30-40 yards I hit them in the vitals broadside?

· Registered
2,850 Posts
its a horse a piece...they are both good arrows. personally, i think i would go with the epics. i believe they are a stronger shaft than the maximas.

as far as getting pass-throughs... as long as you hit them in the right spot and dont hi much bone, you can get a pass through at fairy low speeds

· Registered
295 Posts
Yeah with that 82nd you can get passthroughs shooting spit wads at 30-40 yards. Just keep in mind the general rule of thumb is heavier arrow=more K.E. so the heavier arrow is going to "hit harder" than the lighter arrow.

But to give you an idea. My younger brother shot a doe last year at 37 yards with a fred bear element (302fps ibo). It was a slight quartering away shot and he cut 1 rib going in and another going out. So your 82nd wont have a problem, trust me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.