Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 60-70lb left hand BowTech 82nd Airborne with a QAD rest & Truglo Range rover with Spott Hog Sat night special release. I removed the factory string stop & put a Vibracheck on the lower portion of the brace. Bowtech also did this on the new 82nd's. Set to 70lb & 29" draw. I shot it a lot last year & it was dialed in. Comfortable groups of coke can size @ 50 yds & pie pan size & 100 yds. ( Not for hunting but I was curious if I actually could hit the target over 75 yds) The issue I ran into this year is I stopped shooting for 2 or 3 months & when I grabbed the bow this season it is shooting FAR right (8" @ 20 yds or so). I scribed marks on the rest & sights last year to make sure & know if they move. All looks good, Bow still tunes fine, Local bowshop says it is on & there is no problem. I adjusted the pin & it shoots fine now but the sight is obviously not inline with the string & rest. I basically have 2 questions.
1. What happened? I couldn't have been that far off last year & been half way decent.
2. Is it a problem that I should be concerned with getting worse in the future?
Thanks for any input or insight.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
The 82nd is a tricky bow to shoot. If your form changes, even a small amount, that 82nd will let you know about it quickly. I would think it is more with you and a change in form or hand position that it is the issue with the bow. I have both an 82nd and a Guardian. When I shoot my 82nd for awhile, it shoots great. When I come back to it after shooting the Guardian for a few weeks, I soon realize that I have to get my head screwed back on again when shooting the 82nd.

Automan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my initial thought also. Thought I just was off since I generally am the weak link in the equation. My bowshop guy shot it last year also shot it last year & it was on for him. This year when I was not hitting with it I took it to him to have him shoot it. With my "realignment" this year he also shoots it fine. How could 2 of us both be off the same in 2 years? Not saying that isn't the case but what are the chances since he shoots several more bows than I do? I basically don't want it to be a progressive problem that I just ignore & try to work around until the thing decides to blow one day. Here is a pic of how it is shooting @ 50 yds. I was playing last night with my practice hunting arrow to see if there were any changes between 2 blade Rages & field tips. (absolutely none I could tell) Shouldn't the string, dropaway, & pin be approximately in line? To get this accuracy the pin has to be right of the drop away & string alignment by about 3/4".

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts