Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used 82nd Airborne, and I am setting it up.
It is a 60#-70# Limbs, it has the 28” Draw modules (QB 3.5) and I change them to 29” (QB 2.5).
I set it up with a QAP Pro Ultra Rest HD.
It is set at 64 Lbs.
ATA is 36 ¼
BH is 6 ¼

Let-Off was at 65%.

So here is what I did, I twisted 12 full turn (not at once) of the down going cable, till I got 71% Let-Off
I would like to get more let-off (80% as advertise), but I am uncertain of what to do.
I have played with the draw stop also, increasing it a little bit and does seen to do any better.

Any help will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance.

PD: Probably it has been posted several times, but I couldn’t find on the search.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
ufff, why are you twisting the cables??
You need to get the cams in perfect time, using a draw board or draw hook. Perfect time is when the cams come over and hit the draw stops on the mods at the exact same time on both cams. To do this, make sure the moveable draw stop is not in the way. After it is done, move the draw stop to where you want it(optimal is so that the draw stops on the mods are just off of the cables, but when pulled hard in to the wall, they come in and touch the cables).
This is what you do for every binary cam....

·
eyes and arrows
3,682 Posts
yeah, really think you need to time it first, and i would never add 12 twists to one cable, that thing will be way way out of tune now. i think that you need to move the draw stop further so you have more room in the valley.

BTW, how are you measuring the holding weight of your bow?

Joe

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
eyes and arrows
3,682 Posts
With a digital scale, set on normal reading.

Thanks for the replies.
if you pull into the wall at all it will make your holding weight seem much much heavier. i am not sure though, maybe you are right, but mine feels like 80 ish. then again, after i get past the "hump" before the let-off, anything feels like a ton of relief.

Joe

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just pull into the valley, before the wall, and then start to look for the lowest readout on the scale with small movements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.