Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought a 2008 82nd, but have a couple of questions regarding the limb pockets and bolts.

1st, the pockets appear to be different from my wife's equalizer and my connie. Can I just back them off, or is there another screw somewhere like on the other two that I have to loosen off first?

2nd, The limb bolts are super long. Is that so you can change strings in the feild?

3rd, Its a 60-70# bow. I backed it off 2.5 turns (don't have a scale to measure current poundage) and now the rubber doughnuts between the pocket and riser are not compressed, but kind of just sit in there, not touching anothing. is this okay?

I will say this, however: just playing around with it last night I can tell she'll be a tack driver. I demolished a noc and stripped a vane on my second shot with the bow and I'm grouping in the X on a 5-spot face @ 30 & 38 yards.

Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yes there is a screw on the side of the riser you need to loosen before moving the limb bolts.

On my 82nd one full turn on the limb bolt equals about 4 lbs. So if you are out 2 1/2 turns that is about 10 lbs. I might tighten them a little just to touch the rubber if you like where the draw weight is.

The screws are not long enough to change strings in the field.

They do shoot very nice once you are used to the draw cycle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts