Archery Talk Forum banner

82nd, X-Force, Monster and so on... brace height ?

568 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Bird Levron
G
Im wanting to buy a really fast bow. But i shoot a Z28 with an 8 inch brace that garners NO arm slap whatsoever. Am i going to regret buying a bow that has a 6 inch BH? Do you really get alot of arm slap off it? And how do you control it?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,210 Posts
If you grip the bow correctly and have good form, arm slap isn't an issue.. And a string supressor doesn't hurt... I have hunted with a X 6 for the last 2 years with no problems whatsoever with armslap even with heavy clothing..

· Registered
552 Posts
You will be ok with the arm slap. It is not a big issue, the only time I ever come close to my arm is if I'm getting tired and let my concentration slip on my follow through. The bow quickly lets me know that I'm messing up!

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
Like everyone else said as long as your form / grip is good and your draw length it right it's not an issue. I do put a STS on them but I've shot them alot without one and had no problems. I never have problems with slap on my X-Forces I've owned.

· Registered
58 Posts
I own an 82nd airborne and have NEVER had any arm slap not even one time, also have found it to be extreemly "shootable" bow. The only negative I have found is the harsh draw cycle and I have found it a little sensitive to followthrough... or lack there of

· Registered
899 Posts
open hand

open your hand and rest it on your thumb, that way it is form safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.