Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some 85 Grain Magnus 4 Blades for my setup, and wondering if I got them too light. I shoot 100 grain field tips on my Excels now, and was told to get the 85's so I could get some more speed out of my bow for hunting. Will a 15 grain difference in weight make that much difference in speed or performance?

Sorry for the newby question.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can have all the speed in the world, but if you make a bad shot it doesn't matter. Fifteen grains isn't going to make that much difference. Magnus "Stinger" I'm guessing is what you bought. That broadhead will do the job no matter what it weighs. Worry more about putting that eighty five grain stinger in the boiler room rather than increasing you FPS by three.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I agree with twosheds. Put it where it counts and 15 grains will make very
little difference. Accurate shot placement is what counts.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
On my chrono it does make a little more difference than 3 fps. I shot the 85 grn head this year and had good penetration, my wife also shoots the same, they are the 85 buzz cuts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, they were Stingers, sorry for not including that. Ok, I was about to take them back and get 100's, but if they are ok I will keep them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts