Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

· Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys thought I would share a pic of my North Dakota coyote I killed last week, caught him sneeking up on some cattle:confused: he was to small to do any damage to them I would think, we were out Mule deer hunting, shot him quartering away and went all the way thru and come out front shoulder and stuck in ground about 6 inches.... My buddy ranged him for me and said 87.5 yards, my farthest pin is 70 yards so I just held high and let one fly anyway, rather be lucky then good any day:wink:

Attachments

· Registered
5,628 Posts
Great shot! :thumbs_up

Lots of folks here don't realize how hard it is to kill a coyote with a bow.
They're a small target, they don't stay still very long, and they can bust you drawing back quicker than a deer can.

Good job!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Nice shot!

I agree I'd rather be lucky than good as well......but if you can be BOTH you might just be able to post that you shot a coyote at 87.5 yds.:wink: Not too many people can say that.

· Registered
2,313 Posts
good shot- Id say youre a little anal about coyotes hahaha

sorry it was just there for the taking lol:set1_applaud:

· SuperToon'd
12,325 Posts
I see the DXT laid the smackdown on that little yote . Awesome shot but I'm surprised the ethics police have not jumped all over you for shooting farther than 10 yards. You know how they can get . My hats off to you though , that is one hell of a shot . I'm still waiting for the season to open in my neck of the woods. I guess a big ole muley should be no trouble for you to take as it looks like you have put in the hours and you have done your homework.:wink: Good luck:wink:

· Registered
5,788 Posts
Awesome, what's next, prarie dogs at 100 yards!:wink: Your going to have a hard time topping that one.:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.