Archery Talk Forum banner

8x42 Bino's, who makes the best???

3698 Views 71 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  avid3d
Looking to replace my old Steiner's for a pair of 8X42 bino's. What brand should I be looking at?? I want to use them for 3D and hunting. Let's here it............
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
10,926 Posts
Nikon EDG. If you want to save $2000 you can get Nikon Premier LXl 8X42 demo from doug at cameralandny.com for $699. Only thing you won't have over the Swaro, Leica, Ziess is a fancy name to brag about...other than that they as good as it gets optically.

· Registered
4,763 Posts
Best?

or

Best for the Money?

Best=Swarovski EL

Best for the Money=Vortex Vipers
i had a pair of leicas and sold them to get into vortex.....

· Registered
3,319 Posts
sworvski (sp?) no question the best....

alpines have impressed me too! and a lot cheaper!
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen those two in the same sentence...

I use Swarovski, but sell a ton of Vortex cause of the glass/warranty/price...

· Registered
19,079 Posts
Leica makes the best if money is not an issue IMHO!! I give them the slight edge over Swaro in low light!! I just picked up a pair of 8x42 Vortex razors and I am loving them, and they are over half the price of a pair of Swaro or Leica!! Used the 10x42 Vortex viper last season, and they were a great glass as well.

· Registered
7,119 Posts
I have Leica Ultavid 10x42. They now make the Ultavid HD and I would check them out before buying any high end binocs. The Swarovski El's, the Zeiss FL's and the Leica Ultravid HD's will all be so good you will be splitting hairs. I am sure the Nikon EDG's are very good also. Check each model and see which are better optically and ergonomically. Any of these will last a long time and will serve you well. One day your children will be using them.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.