Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had high hopes this mornin, 42 degrees with light winds. Took my climber to a spot I haven't hunted since last year. Just after first light I saw a doe and two fawns walking through the overgrown field in front of me. They milled around for about half an hour then headed straight for me.

The trail they were on was gonna take them past me at 2 yards. When they were about 25 yards away the wind shifted and they got spooky. I let an arrow loose when she stepped in a clearing at 31 yards. I watched her pile up within 20 yards.

So I'm sitting there waiting for her little ones to come back. They only ran 50 or 60 yards. They start making their way twords her so I am getting ready. Just about that time I notice movement out of the corner of my eye. A small button buck has made its way to within 20 yards of my set up. I smoked him at 7 yards and he piled up 40 yards later. All in all it was a great hunt. Backstraps for dinner baby!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Congrats! Fine eatin'

And although I'm not in that camp. I hope nobody comes on here and harps the bb...cheers to you. You seem happy with it, so it was a great day!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats! Fine eatin'

And although I'm not in that camp. I hope nobody comes on here and harps the bb...cheers to you. You seem happy with it, so it was a great day!:darkbeer:
Piss on those who want to question what I shoot. I'm a big boy I can handle it.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Congrats...

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Very nice! Congratulations on your double. That is cool!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Great job on the double! I used to hunt around Columbia when I went to school there, where did you bag these two?

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Just a mile or two outside city limits. Private ground.
Any of you Columbia boys ever try hunting that field across from bass pro? Never seen it without deer. Not trying to hijack.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any of you Columbia boys ever try hunting that field across from bass pro? Never seen it without deer.

Someone was hanging stands there in early August. They parked right on the side of 63 and unloaded a 4 wheeler. I know of a plumber that can hunt the from the top of the ridge and to the east. There are some huge turkeys out there too. Its the best field in town if your lookin for wildlife.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Congrats man! I'm with ya....I'll be shooting any fawn regardless of sex that gives me an opportunity this weeknd!

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Congrats:darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
Someone was hanging stands there in early August. They parked right on the side of 63 and unloaded a 4 wheeler. I know of a plumber that can hunt the from the top of the ridge and to the east. There are some huge turkeys out there too. Its the best field in town if your lookin for wildlife.
Oh yeah, seen tons of turkeys, but I usually see them all the way up 63 from the south. Congrats again. Heard City limits hunting around Columbia was top notch for deer.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts